News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerhunter on July 17, 2012, 01:09:32 PM
I see nothing wrong with retracting a bid if you find out after the fact that their was "undisclosed info" that was not listed. The thing with ebay is if it is in another state and it is more than 5K, buy a plane ticket and go look at the car. I learned the hard way on a Charger. They tell you half truth's and lead you to believe the car is more than it is, then you get there and.."oh, it's a 440 but it's also a POS late 70's truck motor that needs a rebuild. Crap like that. I don't blame you for a retract, espically if the seller was in agreement.
Hey I finally found a no drama, nice normal, common sense, person on this site!
Thank you.  :cheers:

I've been with eBay since day 1. There is no better place to get your car out there. Period, bar none. People are jerks no matter on eBay or in person. Cost of doing business.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Bobs69

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 17, 2012, 01:25:54 PM
I see nothing wrong with retracting a bid if you find out after the fact that their was "undisclosed info" that was not listed. The thing with ebay is if it is in another state and it is more than 5K, buy a plane ticket and go look at the car. I learned the hard way on a Charger. They tell you half truth's and lead you to believe the car is more than it is, then you get there and.."oh, it's a 440 but it's also a POS late 70's truck motor that needs a rebuild. Crap like that. I don't blame you for a retract, espically if the seller was in agreement.

I've been with eBay since day 1. There is no better place to get your car out there. Period, bar none. People are jerks no matter on eBay or in person. Cost of doing business.

Agreed.  People are jerks.  ALOT of people are.

Nice of you to talk to him about the retraction, even better that he was in agreement.

472 R/T SE

QFT

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Bobs69 on July 17, 2012, 02:49:53 PM

Agreed.  People are jerks.  ALOT of people are.

Nice of you to talk to him about the retraction, even better that he was in agreement.
There sure are. I'm thinking about one negative life source right now.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 16, 2012, 09:32:37 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 16, 2012, 09:20:56 PM
Quote from: Scaregrabber on July 16, 2012, 07:57:15 PM
So you commit to buy then get the facts afterward and then welch on the deal? That's why the world is effed up these days.

Sheldon

I'm starting to wonder if the laws of karma and fate are part of this story. :shruggy:  You got angry when someone else cancelled their high bid...or backed out of the deal. :brickwall:  :sorry:

No one called me?  2 days before my auction ends they pull their " reserve met " bid.  I didn't even write them about it. At least I called him and then learned of chips and a hood mark on the paint. My right to cancel.
I listed my car 35k.  I took 32,500.00 a few weeks later. No bad karma story here. The guy with the TA has listed it 3 times. That sucks.
Yeah no one here ever retracted a bid?  O.K.

Wonder why he listed the T/A 3 times, Could it be because of non serious bidders retracting bids :scratchchin:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 17, 2012, 06:29:48 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 16, 2012, 09:32:37 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 16, 2012, 09:20:56 PM
Quote from: Scaregrabber on July 16, 2012, 07:57:15 PM
So you commit to buy then get the facts afterward and then welch on the deal? That's why the world is effed up these days.

Sheldon

I'm starting to wonder if the laws of karma and fate are part of this story. :shruggy:  You got angry when someone else cancelled their high bid...or backed out of the deal. :brickwall:  :sorry:

No one called me?  2 days before my auction ends they pull their " reserve met " bid.  I didn't even write them about it. At least I called him and then learned of chips and a hood mark on the paint. My right to cancel.
I listed my car 35k.  I took 32,500.00 a few weeks later. No bad karma story here. The guy with the TA has listed it 3 times. That sucks.
Yeah no one here ever retracted a bid?  O.K.

Wonder why he listed the T/A 3 times, Could it be because of non serious bidders retracting bids :scratchchin:
Hmmmmm? :scratchchin: No. That was not the reasons he gave me.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 17, 2012, 06:33:20 AM
Must be me, but I'm not seeing all the " drama ".  This is the first forum I ever joined and what I've learned is I could start a thread saying, Yeah guys I won the lottery and decided I'm giving it all to charity!.
And the comments would be in the range of, Oh I never would of wasted my money on lottery tickets. Charity, what a rip off, Winning the lottery is nothing, I win it all the time, Why give the money away Rob, invest it.  Hey Rob if you're giving it away, give me some.  
You guys can make "drama" out of someone just saying, good morning.

For the 4th time, bids on my car were retracted, I just sold it to one of the people that wrote me after the auction and saved on selling fees.  Let's move on folks.

You said it best Rob....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T