News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why are there no low priced 2 door cars?

Started by GordonGriggs, June 17, 2012, 10:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

The 2dr coupe market is well supplied. 

The 2dr ponycar market is well supplied.

The 2dr sedan market does not exist anymore.

Darkman

Quote from: Charger440RDN on June 19, 2012, 05:35:06 PM
The Germans are laughing at us right now.

The Germans have been laughing at you and ALL other car manufacturers for years! What they put into their cars now, will be an option on every other car in 5 years! There is no comparison to German engineering and build.

Quote from: Dino on June 19, 2012, 05:40:55 PM
Most mechanics wouldn't touch US cars.  That may have something to do with tools and the metric system though.   :icon_smile_big:

That's not the reason!  :icon_smile_big:

Europeans are fascinated with US cars because of the silver screen fantasy and lifestyle it portrays not because of the build quality. I for one question the very car I am working on and constantly mumble under my breath about how crappy the original construction was. However, that is not why the car was ever built! They were always meant to be cheap, affordable, everyday race cars!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: miller on June 19, 2012, 06:56:21 AM
This happened to SUVs in the late 90s. Jeep, Ford, Chevy, and GMC all made 2 Door Versions of their SUVs. I suppose either the market dictated that this was not what they wanted and many were sitting on dealer lots, or having to create two sets of tools for one vehicle was axed for commonality, or a mixture of both.

This one is pretty simple, it was the market.  In this case, the market for SUV's shifted away from the traditional buyer since the first Willys Jeep (young dudes who like to party in the woods, hunters, etc) to the new SUV market: soccer mommies married to husbands deathly afraid a minivan will make them uncool.    It's been there ever since.   90% of the Jeeps I see now are driven by college girls.  When did the Jeep Wranger become the new VW bug?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70