News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle anyone?

Started by r4daytona, June 21, 2012, 10:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Just wondering who may be going to carlisle.  If I can sell the bumper and grille assembly I have, I'm going and would like to meet some of you guys that I've gained so much knowledge from.  If the mood hits me right, I may even blow the dust off my wallet and by a drink or two.

resq302

Ill be there with my charger and our challenger convert!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hemi68charger

One day.................... One day............  :-\
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mytur Binsdirti

I'll be there. You'll see me a mile away as I'm easy to spot.

resq302

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 21, 2012, 11:19:42 AM

What makes you say that?  Will you be riding in on an elephant or camel and looking the atire that you have in your pic? :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

r4daytona

Ok, I'll just look for the turbin if I go.

FJ5WING

Ill be there sans Wingcar, I wont be in the R/T either....taking a buddies Sassy 6BBl GTX for him. I was hoping to get pop up there but he's not feeling so hot after a ladder accident.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
wingless now, but still around.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Big Bird

I'll be there with my limelight Bird.
BIG - BIRD :)

bakerhillpins

Ill be there. Hoping it will be in the Charger.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Lighthorseman

Sigh.  It's on my bucket list.  Guess I'd better live for a few years yet!   :brickwall:

Fred

Are you coming on horseback with sword drawn? If that's the case I'll definately be able to spot you a mile away.  :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

resq302

Quote from: Fred on June 25, 2012, 11:02:01 PM

Are you coming on horseback with sword drawn? If that's the case I'll definately be able to spot you a mile away.  :smilielol:

Yeh, Im sure it would almost look like a reinactment of sorts with all the cops there with their guns drawn, etc.  Hey!!!!  He's got a knife!!   :smilielol:
Brian

Fred

Quote from: resq302 on June 26, 2012, 12:24:22 AM
Quote from: Fred on June 25, 2012, 11:02:01 PM

Yeh, Im sure it would almost look like a reinactment of sorts with all the cops there with their guns drawn, etc.  Hey!!!!  He's got a knife!!   :smilielol:

Come to think of it, he doesn't have to wave it around, he can just hide it under his turbin.   :smilielol:

Mytur Binsdirti

Infidels!

Agar kisi ke ghar baccha hota hai,to pehla sawal ye pucha jata hai ki wo,gora hai ki nahin!!!!!

resq302

ok, I got the first word but you are going to need to translate the rest........
Brian

DC_1

Quote from: resq302 on June 26, 2012, 07:06:04 PM
ok, I got the first word but you are going to need to translate the rest........

I think he just dis'd your mother!

resq302

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on June 26, 2012, 07:51:18 PM
Quote from: resq302 on June 26, 2012, 07:06:04 PM

I think he just dis'd your mother!

ahhh...  so thats what that means.   :smilielol:  And here i thought thats what the tazmanian devil kept blurting out in the old warner bros cartoons!   :smilielol:
Brian

71ChallengeHer

Shelby and I will be there. Not sure how far I'll be walking around. Getting ready for more surgery.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Robert96

My daughter and I might try Carlisle for the first time. Looking for a decent place to stay. Any advice on motels?

resq302

The Park Inn (formerly Holiday Inn) is a nice clean place to stay and is not that far away from Carlisle either.  Plus it is right on the main strip with plenty of places to eat and get small shopping needs done.
Brian

y3chargerrt

Quote from: Robert96 on June 28, 2012, 05:19:34 AM
My daughter and I might try Carlisle for the first time. Looking for a decent place to stay. Any advice on motels?

I have a reservation at the Days Inn carlisle that I won't be using. Its 135 a night with 2 queen beds and 3 miles from the fair grounds. I have stayed there a the last 2 years and like it. Let me know if you want the room. Its for friday and saturday night and I have until friday to cancel.

Fred

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 26, 2012, 04:54:46 AM
Infidels!

Agar kisi ke ghar baccha hota hai,to pehla sawal ye pucha jata hai ki wo,gora hai ki nahin!!!!!

I'm not an infant...................I'm fully grown up!   :icon_smile_big:
Is that pig Latin?................I wasn't any good at that in school. Got a D- for it.

r4daytona

Hey guys and 71challengeher,  I'd like to meet you all if possible and buy you something to drink if needed!  It wold be nice to put a face to the screen name.  I should be wearing a Graveyard Carz shirt as I'll be making the rounds to all the sponsors that are helping out with my Daytona.    Please give a call and arrange a time if you like. Here's my house and cell.  H: (716)549-1756  C:(716)949-6973  Thanks  Hope I can meet you all  Tom

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

gtx6970

Yep,
same place as always.
Row P - spaces 141-146

leave tomorrow morning actually.
headed to the shop now to finish packing the trailer

FJ5WING

Is there a gathering at the Charger tent as usual planned.....I may make it this year if there is one. I know I say that every year but Im just planning on roaming the grounds for three days.

Musicman

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

GOTWING

im heading out Sat. morning at 5am, should get there by 9am. my brother and father are there now, they called and said the heat is unreal, they got what they needed and are heading back tonight. LOTS OF SUNSCREEN BOYS!!   :eek2:

Musicman

I left the field at 4PM today, and the thermometer in the Pacifica said it was 104 outside... not too humid however, so the sweat just evaporates immediately  :lol:

Moparmatty

My Dad and I are here. Staying at the Red Roof Inn.

Very hot out there today. Supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. Since screen and water is a must.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

gtx6970

Quote from: r4daytona on June 21, 2012, 10:14:12 AM
Just wondering who may be going to carlisle.  If I can sell the bumper and grille assembly I have, I'm going and would like to meet some of you guys that I've gained so much knowledge from.  If the mood hits me right, I may even blow the dust off my wallet and by a drink or two.

Good to get tp put a face with he name this afternnon.

Good luck with the show.

Holy crap was it toasty this afternnon, and I stayed in the shade all day

gtx6970

Quote from: FJ5WING on July 03, 2012, 09:45:54 AM
Is there a gathering at the Charger tent as usual planned.....I may make it this year if there is one. I know I say that every year but Im just planning on roaming the grounds for three days.

Dave,
glad you stopped by.

Gentlemen bring lots of sunscreen, I was told it hit 107 today and tomorrow is suppossed to be worst.

b5blue

No hope for me guys!  :'(  Please take and post many pics!  :cheers:

GOTWING

it's better then RAIN !

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

moparstuart

we will make this a legitimate wing car post

uncle george posted this on facebook
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

I hope you had a good weekend Bill.

Can someone fill me in on the used up White Bird???

I say it was turned into a Bird early in life at the expense of another Bird that died.....I thought there was one Bird that had dealer installed air, this one had the correct dash for an air car?????????

GOTWING

I walked ten hours and never got to see the A-bodies,modern muscle and trucks up the hill,some how did not go in the survivor tent :brickwall: can't do it in a day! and i knew that but it was a nice show.

nascarxx29

The A bodys get pushed out .My girlfriend had a 67 ragtop Barracuda.And on sunday when they did awards you parked where ever your spot was gone
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

GOTWING

I LOVED THE 69 YELLOW GTS 383 4SPD RAGTOP THAT WAS UNDER THE TENT IN T/A RESTORATIONS!!  :drool5: