News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Butch's Charger finally finished - come see all the pictures & story.

Started by tnhat, August 04, 2005, 10:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnhat

After 3 years of work, my Father-in-laws Charger is complete and has been returned in a bit better condition than when first taken. Go to the following website for the story and all the pics. May take awhile for those of you with slower internet connections to load all the pictures, but it should be worth your wait.  Even though I did not post many post at the old D-C.com site, I spent many hours reviewing all the tech posts as needed. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Can't wait to find another project and get started-I am going to keep the next one for myself.

http://home.mchsi.com/~burnsr/index.html

Wakko

That's great!! I remember reading that a while back.  Welcome to the board, too!    :wave:  Have you registered the VIN with the '69 registry?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

4cruzin

WOW thats a great bunch of progress pics!!  You must be still jumping up and down!!  I love the color too!!  Nice job!! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Wow, what a great story! And what a FANTASTIC job you did on that car!

I can only imagine the great feeling you had seeing his face when you unveiled it, that's so cool.

So, is the brown Charger in some of those pics someone elses, or is that your next resto?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TruckDriver

I remember reading this story also. Look real nice, good job, cool story!!! :2thumbs:

Whats they story of the Charger in the back of this pic...

Oh, and if you want another project, You can do my '72  :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

4402tuff4u

Very nice job and excellent motivation article. Thanks for both!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Shakey

Your Father-In-Law must be proud of his Daughter for finding such a wonderful person to call her Husband!

Very well done!  As mentioned above, you should be proud of yourself, yes for the job you did on the car but more importantly what you did for your Father-In-Law!

Many people could take a lesson from you!

:2thumbs:

Telvis

Wow! The car is beautiful. You are amazing. It's comforting to know that there are folks like you out there. You are a good man. You should be proud. :2thumbs:

plum500

MoparYoungGun

tnhat

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 04, 2005, 11:40:33 PM
Wow, what a great story! And what a FANTASTIC job you did on that car!

I can only imagine the great feeling you had seeing his face when you unveiled it, that's so cool.

So, is the brown Charger in some of those pics someone elses, or is that your next resto?

The brown Charger in the background has been my donor car. I found the car sitting in an old farm lot about 25 minutes from my house about a year and half ago - even have the title and fender tag(see the picture below-guy would not part with the cuda). But the bottom end of the car is completely shot-she sat down in the dirt way too long. Maybe I can use her as a donor again if I find another Charger to resto.

tnhat

Thanks for all the kind words. Here is a picture of Butch sitting in his car and listening to the engine purr for the first time in about 28 years. The car is in West Central Iowa.

bsakal

Great story and great job! The car is beautiful. If you need another project, I have a 383 SE that needs restoration!
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Charger4404spd

I agree, great story and a great job bringin the ole girl back to life. I am sure you are Butch's favorite son-in-law!

tomonty

Awesome story! It is so cool that he didn't know about it for 3 years and then WHAM! I bet the look on his face was priceless. Congrats!
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

blackcharger

you deserve a MAJOR pat on the back. I have two daughters, and hope I get sons in laws of the same caliber that you are sir! Imigane if your father in law was driving down the road and saw his Charger on a trailer!
I'm glad you rescued that brown Charger. I've got your pics of it and the 'Cuda saved. Helping put another Charger back on the road is a far better fate than rotting away in the woods.

ChgrSteve67

Wow great job!

I'm getting ready to tear my 67 apart but I'm hoping it won't take 3 years to put it back together.

I'm not a big fan of green but it really looks good.

:cheers:

Steve P.

Super job all the way around. How did you keep it from him all that time??

New reality show.. (WHILE YOU WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION).........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Gilbert Charger

WOW,another GREEN Charger brought back to life,Thank You and WHAT A GOOD SON-IN-LAW you are!!!

IBsmokin

wow!!!!  what a beautiful thing.  I SALUTE YOU MY FRIEND!!!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

694spdRT

Great story and great job on the resto!

I hope you find one of your own some day...you definately deserve it.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi