News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 help!!!! our motor combo needs suggestions

Started by 694life, July 05, 2012, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

694life

Well looks like I was misinformed, seems as though stock pushrods are 8.570 so i did my math off of 8.590 so looks like i would need a 8.48 pushrod. What company will make them for me? I'm gonna double check my measurements tonight

firefighter3931

Quote from: 694life on October 18, 2012, 12:16:18 PM
Well looks like I was misinformed, seems as though stock pushrods are 8.570 so i did my math off of 8.590 so looks like i would need a 8.48 pushrod. What company will make them for me? I'm gonna double check my measurements tonight

I'd forget worrying about what the stock length is and just use the checking pushrod as outlined in my previous post to determine zero lash on the base circle of the cam....then add .020-.030 to that measurement.

Smith Brothers will make whatever length pushrod your combo needs  :2thumbs:

http://www.pushrods.net/

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs