News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Ant. Placement Help !!

Started by Mopar Crazy, July 13, 2012, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

I put a new set of fenders on my 68 Charger from AMD... Great stuff. Had the car painted, and bought a new antenna for it at Carlisle. Went to put in on and realized that there is no antenna hole in the pass. fender..  :brickwall:

Does anyone have any templates, or pics of where, and what size this hole should be ??? Also I'm real concerned about putting a dent into the fender while drilling, what I should use to cut this hole ??

Thanks
Peter
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Indygenerallee

:smilielol: :lol: Isn't it funny, when I saw that on my 69 AMD fender set I was happy!! I said yes!! one less thing to shave!!! do you not have your old fenders??? If so make a template (or have someone with a OEM fender) trace the hole and indentions, plus the measurements front, back, side to side.. and use a hole saw the correct diameter, you will have to cut two small indentions on each side for the bezel but that would be easy with a dremel tool with a small grinder.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

So your saying the antenna shouldn't be in the trunk lid  :confused:

:lol:

Mopar Crazy

No,  I don't have the old fender, that would have made life too easy.....    AND YES, the antenna should not be on the truck lid.... :2thumbs:

b5blue

Mine is off and it looks to have an extra layer of steel under there for extra support!  :scratchchin: (I hope yours has it "built in".) I can take a pic tomorrow and/or make a "rubbing" on a piece of paper as a template for you? (Mine is a 70 if that matters.)

Mopar Crazy

Ok thanks.   Anything would help at this point..

b5blue

b5blue

I'll send you this....

Mopar Crazy

b5blue