News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 newly painted

Started by D13vyl, July 14, 2012, 07:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D13vyl

Hi Guys

Not been on here for months as the charger was away getting a "New Look" its more of a chip foose look i wanted and wont be to everyones taste. The work took 3 months, unfortunately the Scottish weather has let us down this year and is jeapordising long cruising days. I hope u all can appreciate the work ive had carried out including, New complete paint job, new trims, new bumpers, new drivers mirror, new wheels, new front brake set, new marker lights etc. The piccies were taken at the bodyshop a few days ago, the bonnet was still to be attached, ill get some great pics when the weather picks up. The purists will hate me, the hot-rodders wont lol, here goes,

thanks for looking

Rene :popcrn:
Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a BLACK CHARGER; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war."

c00nhunterjoe

I like the paint scheme, just don't care for the wheels

b5blue

Very well done!  :2thumbs: To each his own I say, certainly given your location an outstanding effort and outlay!  :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

I dont mind the car overall, even the wheels. I would need to have more tire though,too rubber band looking.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

D13vyl

Hiya Guys

Thanks for the comments, I have to thank Jeff from 521 restorations based in Colorado for helping me he was a star. :cheers:

Yes regarding the wheels im getting spacers specially made from an engineering company based here in Scotland. The trouble with tyres here was sourcing them as they were boyd coddington Junkyard dog rims 18in, true american. But the tyres were a pain to fit apparently. Over time and when i let the steam settle down on my bank balance ill sort out better tyres lol. I wont be thrashing the car she is just for nice cruising days and the odd show. I love American Muscle cars and even when it costs me $150 (UK prices) to fill her she is worth every penny,

Ill get better pic up soon, thanks again

Rene ;)
Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a BLACK CHARGER; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war."

twodko

Rene, that's a fine looking Charger! Have fun with it and enjoy every drive. The tires have to go, while they may hold the road nicely, the ride is harsh and god forbid you hit any kind of bump or depression in the road. Oh, and welcome to the crew.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Silver R/T

Looks good, except wheels. You need to lower front more and get wider tire in the back so it fills wheel tub better.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

doctor4766

Hey Jock.
Looks the goods to me mate and it's all about how YOU like it.
I would have thought the weather would be better for cruising considering you're in the Northern HEMIsphere though....
It's winter here in Oz and that makes for very little driving :/
Nice to see a Charger that's not run of the mill for a change.  :cheers:
Gotta love a '69

Cooter

Chip Foose...Great guy. Very personable. Choice in how he does older Muscle cars... Not so great.

Car's paint looks great.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 14, 2012, 09:19:13 AM
I dont mind the car overall, even the wheels. I would need to have more tire though,too rubber band looking.  :Twocents:

x2.
Paint looks GREAT!  :drool5:

Wheel style is fine, just needs more tire. Or wider in the rear with more offset. That'll help fatten it up a bit.
Looks like it's coming along VERY nice!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Always wondered how that would look.  Looks good.  :2thumbs:

Got any other pics of different angles?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.