News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My apologies - foot in mouth disease ...

Started by 89MOPAR, February 03, 2006, 04:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 03, 2006, 01:47:10 PM
Quote from: AllBlueRT on February 03, 2006, 10:11:48 AM
Disappointed in you.  You've softened up over the years.  :P :icon_smile_big:

Hahahaha - yeah, softened around the middle maybe !

Ok- I'll go back to a familiar quote from me - " Get your butts out of the folding chair and drop that polish rag, Mopar Drags are coming up in May in Seattle / Bremerton - Come enter the sportsman brackets so I can win the class and take your entry Money $$ ! "   :icon_smile_tongue:

PS - I'm toying with the idea of making a clone of my 1st car, a plain 1969 318 automatic grocery getter , 0-60 mph in 9.5 seconds Charger !
     F8  green on a black interior.
I've found a likely candidate in a true 440 R/T car. Nice, solid , + complete.  I wonder how much $$ and how hard it will be to swap in a 318 / 904 combo ????? :devil:

Should I assume you'll be at Bremerton?  How 'bout Bellevue?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Silver R/T

agree, but id rather have 440 R/T to play with than 318
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

QuoteSome 318 owners have the size where it matters

still won't make your car go faster  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: TK73 on February 03, 2006, 10:29:31 PM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on February 03, 2006, 04:59:18 PM

It's a size thing, size matters, you know bigger is better. 

Some 318 owners have the size where it matters, and don't need a 440 (or a red corvette)...  :icon_smile_big:

:punkrocka: ............hehehe...........they're compensating for something!

BBD

adauto

You guys started my day with a good laugh. Thanks!  Not that I'm dissing small blocks ..had two of them ;)
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

hemihead

Right now I'm building a 360 for my 73 and no it's not a Mopar crate motor.And I will spank alot of these guys that just have to have a RB.
I've seen alot of very stout SB's and built a few also.No offense to anyone,if your car had a B or RB engine , go with it but i feel if it was a SB car you can stiill run with the big blocks on the street.I don't feel any shame in a Mopar SB.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hemihead on February 03, 2006, 07:28:41 AM
I agree with you.The thing I don't understand is the guy who pulls out the SB and puts a 440 or Hemi in to drive to the Car Show at 35 MPH.
Must be the ego thing.  :icon_smile_question:

I'm Guilty, man that hurts.  ;)

haueter66

I think alot of it depends whether you have a numbers matching car to start with.  My 71 was a 318 car that came with a very sick engine.  3rd gens don't require a different k-frame either, so to me it seemed more desirable to build a 440 to drop in.  If you start with a numbers matching then its a different story.

89MOPAR

Funny how 318 , 340 , or 360  seem "small" to people.

One year I was waiting in line for entrance to Mopar day at Seattle Int'l Raceway , with Survivior 1973  340 car { engine callouts on hood }.   Dude in front of me tells his friend " that car doesn't have a big  enough motor"  -  and he was driving  a Chevy Corsica that probably had a 4cylinder !!

I just laughed loudly and said " ok then, wanna race ? "  -

TK- yeah I'll be there with something , "Super Coupe " maybe ?
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

48chebbie

i'm just kinda fond of torque my self....................... :devil:
how'd i do that!?!?!?

Steve P.

I have often thought I'd like to put a Cummins turbo diesel in my red 65' Coronet and run it on french fry grease. My 60 foot time may not be great, but my torque would be way up there and fuel costs would be teeny..... :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mike DC

I've got nothing against smallblock cars at all.  SB Mopars are actually better-balanced cars in terms of handling & braking.

But I do think that if you're gonna do a total overhaul & hop-up job on an engine, you might as well at least use the biggest-displacement engine from that particular family.  (Build a 360 over a 318, or a 440 over a 383, etc.)  Strokers are even better.

318s & 383s are great motors, but I just personally wouldn't dump several thousand dollars into a ground-up job on either one.

69charger2002

couldn't agree more with mike
2 things that say it all for me

1. like HD said earlier when you go to a car show everyone says is that a 440? my first one had a 318.. now i was proud of my 318, great engine. but when you say 318.. they just kind of "whatever" and walk away.. when you say "440" they just seem to respect the car more..  not that it matters a WHOLE lot, but it is nice to say you have
2. if i was going to spend say $3500 for a complete motor rebuild.. and i could either get a 318 for $100 or a 440 for $500.. i'd rather get the $440 block and build it. parts aren't enough difference to matter.. and the difference dollar for dollar all things equal is unreplaceable. 440 hands down..

trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/