News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh gawd!!!!!

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, August 01, 2012, 04:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I heard that they are going to eventually quit selling 93 octane altogether. As far as I know, there are no new vehicles built at this time that require 93 octane. I have a couple of my cars parked at this time. No 93, no driving. Even my 71 Cuda with a 340 ran like crap on 91
The only musclecar that I'm driving right now is my wife's 73 Cuda that has a 1995 model 5.9 EFI engine that runs on 87 octane.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

taxspeaker

We have a place 1/2 mile from my house (Makowski Oil) that still sells leaded 103 octane gas "not legal for street use" through the pumps. Southern Indiana right outside Louisville. Runs about $6-7 per gallon and doesn't turn to gunk in 2 weeks-RUn it exclusively in the Bird and the Hemi Charger. Of course they are never driven on the street :)

Highbanked Hauler

I am hoping to run my 68 on E-85 when it gets done.  Whats Sunoco  NASCAR fuel now ,I heard its supposed to be unleaded. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

1RareBird

Give it thirty years and a lot of us that are still around will be hunting for those cars lol.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

hotrod98

It's beginning to look like they are going to stop production on the Challenger in 2014 as originally planned. They will replace it with the Fiat Cuda. The new Cuda will be smaller and lighter than the Challenger. Closer to the size of the Mustang. I think I'll hold on to my Challenger for a while. I'm even keeping all of the original parts that I take off of it just in case.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hatersaurusrex

I think the key thing to remember is that original wing cars - love or hate them - had a giant wing on them because it was functional.   They were wind tunnel tested and were never intended to look good, just to work, and work they did.    So the originals are about a specific combination of engineered components that won a ton of races.    Form followed function.    The wing was never meant to be attractive.

On this car, the wing might still serve some function, but it's not like they put this in a wind tunnel and calculated how much downforce it would get on a banked oval.   In fact it might be less than worthless.   It's just there to 'look good like the old wing cars' which is something they never even intended on the old cars.   

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Topher

My car runs better on 93, but it still doesn't like this new era of fuel. Where can a guy get the "Bre your own gas at home" ACME kit?

I walked by 2 winged creatures when I first saw what would become my Charger in 1988. I was 17, and didn't have a clue what they were. I remember walking through their barn and seeing these great big valve covers with holes in them hanging from rafters. I thought they were huge, and odd looking. Again, no clue what they were at the time. As time has marched on, I learned that one of the winged rides was a Super Bird, and the other a 440 Daytona. The Super Bird was featured in Mopar Muscle and is now in Canada.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Just 6T9 CHGR

$200 bux to fill tires with with Nitrogen?  Does that come with a side order of Kool-ade?

:slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 04, 2012, 08:01:59 PM
$200 bux to fill tires with with Nitrogen?  Does that come with a side order of Kool-ade?

:slap:

get a tank from an industrial supply and do your own :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on August 03, 2012, 04:38:18 PM
I think the key thing to remember is that original wing cars - love or hate them - had a giant wing on them because it was functional.   They were wind tunnel tested and were never intended to look good, just to work, and work they did.    So the originals are about a specific combination of engineered components that won a ton of races.    Form followed function.    The wing was never meant to be attractive.

On this car, the wing might still serve some function, but it's not like they put this in a wind tunnel and calculated how much downforce it would get on a banked oval.   In fact it might be less than worthless.   It's just there to 'look good like the old wing cars' which is something they never even intended on the old cars.   

Exactly!  And they would never have even bothered with a street version if NASCAR didn't force them to.

dreamcatcher

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 02, 2012, 12:34:14 PM
While I love driving my American made Superbird, I love driving my new Challenger even more. It's one of the best driving vehicle that I've ever owned.  I added the skip shift eliminator for the six speed and installed a pistol grip shifter with carbon fiber grips. I added the six pack hood and have just bought the 392 front spoiler and a factory go wing for it. It runs on 91 octane fuel and gets 25 mpg. My Superbird won't run on anything less than 93 octane with out overheating and unfortunately we can no longer get 93 here. I need to pull the radical engine out of the bird and put a milder one in that runs on 91.

Now, as for that wing on the new Challenger, I think that if they had made the wing shorter and painted it to match, it would have looked much better.  :Twocents:

WOW your getting 25?I just traded our Boss stang for a 300C hemi..the mileage is very disappointing to me...At best it will average 20.5 on the highway. It runs like a scalded dog but even at 65 it likes its gas....  :scratchchin: I knew I should have bought the Challenger instead.....
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!