News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Dash Frame Paint

Started by Mopar Crazy, January 11, 2009, 03:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

On a 1968 Charger, my dash frame is black. I want to sand and repaint the dash frame. 
I got some paint from a restoration shop and it's too dull. Doesn't match at all.
Does any know the correct color finish???  and maybe an updated paint code????

Thanks  :2thumbs:
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

1969chargerrtse

Well what I learned from Brian our mod is that in 69 it was swede black.  The only place I know of to get it is Mopaint (  1-732-846-1044 ).  It's a Acrylic Lacquer and cost me 85.00 for a pint.  But it's the correct stuff.  This is the same stuff used on the steering shaft.  A special fuzzy kind of feel paint that is semi/flat in color.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 11, 2009, 05:31:57 PM
Well what I learned from Brian our mod is that in 69 it was swede black.  The only place I know of to get it is Mopaint (  1-732-846-1044 ).  It's a Acrylic Lacquer and cost me 85.00 for a pint.  But it's the correct stuff.  This is the same stuff used on the steering shaft.  A special fuzzy kind of feel paint that is semi/flat in color.

Thata Boy(old guy) Rob!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mopar Crazy

Ok, Thanks for the info... :cheers:
I'll call them Monday AM. 
Thanks
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

sthemi

If you live in a area that still allows Laquer paint, go to the PPG store and order  DDL9324 satin black laquer.

I had some mixed a couple of years ago....$75/ qt.

68pplcharger

68blue

Painted mine with cobalt blue then a satin clear coat.