News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger, where to mount painless fuse box?

Started by jlatessa, August 17, 2012, 07:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlatessa

Hi folks, anyone install a Painless kit and where did you mount the fuse box on the firewall?

This is an RT, drums, no power, no air, auto.
I have installed the heater box, brake pedal, M.C. and wiper linkage

Looking for someone's experiences on best location, a pic would help too.

Thanks, Joe  :cheers:

myk

Mine's mounted underneath the dash, on the firewall to the left of the steering column.  It's mounted there because it's the shortest distance possible to the starter relay; I'm guessing that's what the shop was thinking when they installed the thing.  I'll try to post a picture...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

doctor4766

I used the ezy wiring harness with the mini fuse box.
It's mounted under the dash directly below the ash tray for easy access, but far back enough that it's not an eye sore.
Gotta love a '69

myk

Yeah I keep forgetting that I used an 'EZ harness also; I don't know why I keep calling it a Painless...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"