News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper Blades: What are you using? Who is the source?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 18, 2012, 08:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Replacing wiper blades in the metal arms, Advance Auto "break to fit" refills don't cut it... Two skinny alumn. strips with rubber in the middle, falls apart :slap:

What are you using? Where did you purchase?  :popcrn: Thanks!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

In related news, are "Trico Classic" blades worth a darn?  :popcrn:

Brock Lee

Pep Boys had a suitable replacement blade with metal track, but I had to open the tabs up on the frame to accept them. But when they are worn, there are reproduction Trico's out there now for around $25-40 a pair that are perfect. They are usually sold for old Mustangs.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 18, 2012, 08:25:48 PM
Pep Boys had a suitable replacement blade with metal track, but I had to open the tabs up on the frame to accept them. But when they are worn, there are reproduction Trico's out there now for around $25-40 a pair that are perfect. They are usually sold for old Mustangs.

These look decent, and cheap!!!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/buy/products/258572-classic-by-trico-part-33-150-windshield-wiper-blades.html

Brock Lee

They sure do. I am going to say that is what the boutique places are reselling for $25-40 a set.

c00nhunterjoe

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

bill440rt

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 18, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/buy/products/258572-classic-by-trico-part-33-150-windshield-wiper-blades.html

Great link!
I bought some NORS blade refills a while back on eBay. Got a few sets cheap. Can't find just the refills anymore these days.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

66FBCharger

I got the correct refills at my local NAPA. They were inexpensive. I bought four sets.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia

Brock Lee

Wow! Only $20 each? Glad you chimed in before I dropped $8 at Advance!

myk

I just use whatever the parts store or Wal*Mart sells off of the shelves: good fit, performance and looks...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: myk on August 20, 2012, 08:05:50 PM
I just use whatever the parts store or Wal*Mart sells off of the shelves: good fit, performance and looks...

On your 1969 Charger? Your Walmart must have one helluva selection, as mine had newer style wipers, that's it... :shruggy:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bill440rt on August 20, 2012, 10:35:23 AM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 18, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Great link!
I bought some NORS blade refills a while back on eBay. Got a few sets cheap. Can't find just the refills anymore these days.

I got busy, and didn't have a chance to pick them up today... Tomorrow, is another day  :2thumbs:

myk

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 20, 2012, 09:12:29 PM

On your 1969 Charger? Your Walmart must have one helluva selection, as mine had newer style wipers, that's it... :shruggy:

It takes a standard 15" blade.  Lots of uh....dare I say it?  Hondas & cars like that use that size of blade.  You want an impossible-to-find wiper blade try one for a '97 Camaro :shruggy:...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

bull

Some people consider the "blade" to be just the rubber and the two strips of metal (refills) while others consider the blade to be that plus the frame that retains the rubber and metal strips. If all you need is the rubber there are probably a long list of places carrying 15" blades.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bull on August 21, 2012, 02:27:26 PM

Some people consider the "blade" to be just the rubber and the two strips of metal (refills) while others consider the blade to be that plus the frame that retains the rubber and metal strips. If all you need is the rubber there are probably a long list of places carrying 15" blades.

I bought the refills (just the rubber inserts w/ two thin metal bars to "retain"). Junk, I threw them away!

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 21, 2012, 03:10:34 PM

I bought the refills (just the rubber inserts w/ two thin metal bars to "retain"). Junk, I threw them away!

Me too but not everyone agrees that "blades" means just the refills.

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 20, 2012, 07:58:44 PM
Wow! Only $20 each? Glad you chimed in before I dropped $8 at Advance!

$8 for the metal arm and rubber refill? Buy a case, if they're not junk.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia

myk

The last set I picked up were either at Kragen/OReilly's or Wal * Mart with the whole deal: frame, rubber and metal strips; they were about $10 each or something.  Also, I don't bother buying just the metal strips and rubber-that stuff is junk.  All I had to do with these complete wiper blades (frame, rubber, metal strips) was just clip them on and go, just like the Toyota Camry beside me.  If some of you guys are having that hard of a time with this I could go to my Wal*Mart and see if they still carry them and pick some up for y'all?   :shruggy:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The Trico 15" Classic blades fit like a charm  :2thumbs: $15.00/pair  :coolgleamA: Advance Auto

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE