News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2015, 06:19:42 AM
Quote from: keepat on September 27, 2015, 03:49:12 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 26, 2015, 10:47:46 PM
Filled in the gap between the radiator and grill housing with a cover I made. Needs some more tweaking on it but it is getting there.

Also been playing around with a new spoiler.  :cheers:

AWESOME job on the filler!!!
Pat

I second that!  When is it going into production so we can buy one?   :icon_smile_big:

That spoiler looks very promising as well.   :yesnod:

Thanks guys!   :cheers:

Production?! Well I do still have my template...  :scratchchin:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tan top

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 26, 2015, 10:47:46 PM
Filled in the gap between the radiator and grill housing with a cover I made. Needs some more tweaking on it but it is getting there.

Also been playing around with a new spoiler.  :cheers:

:o  clever stuff  :2thumbs:  ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

toocheaptosmoke

Didn't have my sled ready in time for the first grass race of the year, so took the car instead.  :coolgleamA:

comet_666

Engine is starting to take shape!

comet_666

don duick

changed my inlet manifold from an edelbrock performer to the edelbrock RPM. Big difference highly recommend it. Had to modify my air cleaner to sit 2 cm lower.

cdr

removed the JUNK green snap ring  rear axle bearings,they lasted 1600 miles & started getting loose & noisy, glad i saved the axle adjuster & stock flanges, now i have the MUCH BETTER stock tapered roller bearings.  while i was there i pulled the third member & replace the 3.91 gears with 3.23, trying to tame down the violent tire spin.  it helped a lot.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ODZKing

Well, at the suggestion of IDriveMopar over at FBBO, I spent the better part of the day reinstalling the thermostat for my CCA A/C. For those that did not follow, CCA supplies an aftermarket thermostat that really should be installed in the heater box on the evaporator. If they'd have told me that I would have, since the box was out of the car. But they suggest you wrap a sensor end around the line on the opposite side of the firewall and when it starts to freeze, the t/stat (in theory) will kick off the compressor thus keeping the system from slowing down. But it doesn't work because the lines are basically above the exhaust manifold. so their solution is to wrap them with this black goo. But the thermostat is still in the engine compartment and still won't kick off. So IDriveMopar moved his per this thread:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?95064-A-C-suggestions-keep-OEM-setup-or-go-classic&highlight=Classic+Auto+Air
and now that the car season is over, I did the same. It's now in the cowl/vent on the opposite side of the firewall.
It is tough working in these areas because it seems as no matter how hard you try, you always move or touch something that you shouldn't.  But with patience, I got it done today and worst case, the A/C works the same and I killed an afternoon. I'll let everyone know in the spring I guess.

comet_666

comet_666

Dino

Started putting the engine bay back together.  Still waiting for the yellow plated blower motor nuts to arrive and I need to order lots of parts that were either missing or too damaged to repair such as the splash covers near the firewall.  I am glad I welded the extra holes shut, it looks much cleaner now.

I am trying to figure out a way to install K member, engine, and trans in one piece from the bottom...without a lift.  All I can think of is making some sort of frame to bolt onto the frame rails using the bumper bracket bolts so I can hook the cherry picker to it and lift the front up while the tall jack stands sit under the rear axle tubes.

If I can do that then I can go ahead and install everything including the a/c hoses which would be a bit in the way if I drop the engine in from the top. 

It sure would make everything easier but man I can see that car come crashing down now.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XH29N0G

Dino and Comet_666, Both look great.  What gauges are those?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Alan73Charger

Quote from: Dino on August 29, 2015, 09:10:44 PM
-Replaced the gas tank and straps
-Replaced the leaf spring rear bushings
-Removed the battery, hood, front bumper, front valance, and front panel including grille
-Removed radiator, shroud, fan, a/c condensor and lines
-Removed headers and starter
-Removed all underhood wiring and linkage
-Pulled the engine
-Dropped the transmission
-Removed alternator, power steering pump, water pump, a/c compressor, damper, pulleys, brackets, engine mounts
-Stripped paint from engine
-Removed steering box and steering column
-Removed instrument cluster
-Stripped blue paint from steering box and cleaned the cast iron
-Removed steering linkage and cleaned it all up
-Removed front suspension and started cleaning it up
-Stripped the engine bay from bolt ons and paint and made a patch panel to go under the battery tray
-Cleaned the washer bottle, washer nozzles and hoses that were covered in black paint, and painted the nozzles.
-Restored the power window motors, regulators, switches, and wiring
-Removed the back seat and rear panels, upper and lower.  Got it ready to install custom seat belts
-Installed power window switches in rear panel

That's about it so far.  Tomorrow the old suspension bushing will be removed, K member dropped and sway bar and strut rods removed.

Next up is reinforcing the K member and pretty soon it'll be time to start painting some stuff.   :2thumbs:

All in a weekend right Dino?  lol
When you get some free time come on over and do mine.  I'll buy the beer.
Wife said spend more time with me and less time with that Mopar.
I actually love being single!

Dino

Well it could've been 3 days or so.   :lol:

Disassembly goes fast but I tend to do something with the part I remove, be it clean up and bag or get it ready to restore.  I don't like to dump it all in a box and forget about it so everything takes a bit longer this way.  I also lost lots of time changing my plans until I had to make a decision and I went with redo the whole thing.  I should've decided that before I started the work.

I drove the car last in late July or early August so I've been at it for a while. 

myk

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 12, 2015, 07:13:44 PM
Dino and Comet_666, Both look great.  What gauges are those?

Comet's using the Dakota Digital Dash system...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

VegasCharger

Quote from: Dino on October 12, 2015, 03:05:16 PM
Started putting the engine bay back together.  Still waiting for the yellow plated blower motor nuts to arrive and I need to order lots of parts that were either missing or too damaged to repair such as the splash covers near the firewall.  I am glad I welded the extra holes shut, it looks much cleaner now.

I am trying to figure out a way to install K member, engine, and trans in one piece from the bottom...without a lift.  All I can think of is making some sort of frame to bolt onto the frame rails using the bumper bracket bolts so I can hook the cherry picker to it and lift the front up while the tall jack stands sit under the rear axle tubes.

If I can do that then I can go ahead and install everything including the a/c hoses which would be a bit in the way if I drop the engine in from the top. 

It sure would make everything easier but man I can see that car come crashing down now.   :lol:

Looks great Dino :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Yes if you do some sort of makeshift setup, please have someone there to spot you, assist you or supervise the operation. One of my biggest fears is being pinned under a car.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

RIDELIKEHELL

Looks awesome Dino! I bought a slightly used PROFORM 850 not sure if it will be installed this year as we only have a month of decent weather left  :shruggy:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

PlainfieldCharger

Looking great!! That's a nice looking ground wire you got.. :icon_smile_big:

timmycharger

Quote from: Dino on October 12, 2015, 03:05:16 PM

Dino, I used this rig from US car tool, worked perfectly!

ODZKing

Dino, I see you have the thermostat on the fire wall too, I'd move it as long as you have the opportunity.  Just my  :Twocents:

Dino

Thanks for the compliments fellas.   :cheers:  I'll start my own progress thread one of these so I can share some of the do's and don'ts.   :yesnod:

I like my ground cable, it's special.   :icon_smile_big:

Timmy that's just what I need?  I thought I'd had to have stands under the axle but it looks like that won't be necessary, or would it make it easier? 

Bob I just saw your thread about the thermostat woes.  I don't know if I had those heat issues but it seemed like yours was mounted lower than mine.  The one I have is also regulated.  I had it set to the coldest setting and it nearly froze me out of the car so I have to tinker with it a bit.  I hope I don't have to move it because then I'd have holes in the firewall again.   :lol:

ODZKing

Well, we put the 67 and 73 down for their winter's nap today. They're all bundled up and put away until spring.  :'(