News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st_charger

I cut a giant hole in it.

rt_bigblock

JR

Got the efi mostly installed.  It was a breeze in my case because I'd already installed the coolant temp sensor adapter, and had an O2 sensor previously installed for a wideband O2 gauge.

I ran out of time and won't be able to finish the details (cleaning up the wiring and attaching throttle/kickdown linkages) until next week, but I did get to start it. It was amazing. I let the fuel pump prime, then it started right up and went into a smooth idle. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can finally drive it again, but I'm in love with this setup already. I went with the tanks inc baffled fuel tank and walbro 650 hp fuel pump.

I'll start a thread with all the details when I return from my trip next week.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

rt_bigblock

i'm waiting for the sixpack kit To be released just a bolt on system the other version is to bulky and you take your manifold off and weld plugs into and hope it stays straight ..

what's the psi on fuel pump from what I read 25psi for the 4 injector unit  :shruggy:

JR

I don't know what you mean about welding the intake manifold RT, I literally unbolted the 4bbl Carter and bolted this unit on. The only welding involved would be welding a bung in the exhaust for the 02 sensor. (Or use a clamp on unit so there's no welding).

Fuel pressure is set to 58 psi. There's an internal regulator in the throttle body.

rt_bigblock

No mate I was talking about the manifold in the pic where they had to weld plugs for the injectors in the other efi kit on the market your verions is topps.. :2thumbs:

JR

On cool man, I thought you meant the other fitech unit. I wasn't familiar with the other six pack efi setup.

That's pretty neat though, I can't wait to see it. I had no idea they were working on a six pack version.

rt_bigblock

when I did my monster setup their was no Efi  3 x purpose built 500 cfm holly's all pumpers with big power valves and jets and forced air induction it works fantastic  and grunt ... but  4 mile to the gallon is the killer ... but goes like a magnum bullet... :drool5:

rt_bigblock

Other, side your fuel pump pressure that's good that get the juice into it...

71charger_fan

I got inspired by the article in the latest Mopar Action and polished the stainless trim around the windshield and back glass. For the front, I wet sanded, starting with 800, then 1,000, 1,200, and finishing with 1,500. I then hit it with Flitz. Came out nice. There are still some scratches in it; maybe I should have started with 600, but I'm happy with the results. The rear came up nice just using the Flitz. I coated each finished piece with wheel wax. I'm just hoping to get the car finished before I'm too old to drive it.

71charger_fan

Dash panel replaced and new aftermarket radio installed. Took out the Alpine CD player and under seat CD changer. The new radio has a USB port for Ipod.

Dino

Nice job on the dash, and I know how you feel polishing the trim after I did my grille trim.   :yesnod:

Well after all these years I figured it was time to bite the bullet and start work on the power upgrades: windows, keyless entry, power trunk lock, alarm.  All that fun stuff.  I have to remove the doors to drill holes for the window wiring so this was a good time to repair the hinges.  They were not horrible but there was play on them nonetheless.  Today I removed the passenger door, by myself which is always a bit risky, and repaired the hinges.  This door is going to be rock solid.  Tomorrow I'll do the other door.  I also replaced the petrified vent window seals with a new pair I bought a few years ago.  I'm happy to say they fit like a glove!  The door lock actuators are installed and I'm just waiting on a few small parts to put everything back together.  Once the doors are done and the windows are aligned, I'll do the quarters.  Once the windows work and fit as they should I'll go ahead and install all the wiring and the modern controller to turn them into one touch windows with remote access.  At that time I'll also install the alarm system and gps.  There will be no details posted on what kind of tracking device or how I installed it.   ;)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ht4spd307

been flat out working on the engine painted most of the brackets for the power steer & air con just a few more bolt on's and its done :yesnod:

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ACUDANUT

nvrbdn

I started mine last week to assure that the Star Tron made it to the carb.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Bob T on January 18, 2016, 12:10:07 PM
....I sold it.... 6 months ago..... :popcrn:

im shocked...now you got us all curious  :shruggy:

cdr

changed my carb jetting for the colder weather.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

polywideblock

Quote from: Bob T on January 18, 2016, 12:10:07 PM
....I sold it.... 6 months ago..... :popcrn:

:o and not a word to anyone  ,I'm shocked    :icon_smile_wink:   

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

myk

Looked at it under the car cover.  The rains have just let up in "sunny" San Diego...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ht4spd307

engine finally done besides a couple of hoses and a bracket now onto the front end k frame brakes and suspension need nos mopar or trw ball joints have all the rest in nos mopar already don't want no Chinese junk.. so looks like it may take a while till some thing surfaces .if any one can help let me know what you have 4 sale always interested