News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FY1 Charger

Put in a new fuel pump and started it for the first time this year.

rebby

Another busy week...
- Installed a fire extinguisher under the package tray
- Installed a rechargeable Streamlight flashlight under the package tray (still need to get wired in)
- Installed a RediRad (highly recommended if you still have the factory radio especially if you don't have an antenna, like me)
- Installed a dedicated tool box and "accessories" bag
- Finally got the A/C system charged on Monday
- New mufflers installed this morning
- Installing new seal on fuel sender this afternoon
- Wilwood master cylinder bench bleed this morning
- Tallon hydroboost install starts this evening
- New Optima RedTop will be swapped in during the Tallon install

I'm sure that I'm missing a few little things, hmm...

If all goes well, I just might get the inner fender splash shields and remote trunk latch installed this weekend as well.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

68Charger4me

VegasCharger

I wanted the open headlight door look for a change while my 68 sits in the garage. With a 68 it's easier to get away with this due to the headlight bezels.  :whistling:

It's also my new signature.

6spd68

Called the guy where it was stored to make sure it was still there ...  :rotz: :-\
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

69wannabe

Changed the oil and filter today and done a little more tuning with the Fi Tech handheld and checked out all the readings to make sure all was where it should be. It started sprinkling rain so I backed it back into the garage and closed up for the night.  :coolgleamA:

Dans 68

Picked up a pair of '68 taillights on Craigslist for $80. Some pitting, etc, but should clean up just fine. Going into the LL1 project I'm working on.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dino

Getting ready to stick the engine/trans/K frame back in. Getting closer!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Thanks! It would look better in focus though, I always shake wit this phone cam.   :lol:

The orange always looks red as wll so tomorrow I'll snap pics with my actual camera. With some luck the drive train and car will be mated tomorrow!

Dino

This shows the color a little more accurate. I don't know why cameras make it look so red.

Valve covers are just there to protect what's underneath by the way, they will not be reused.

JamieZ

Car has been back in the garage for about a month, but the weather has been pretty bad.   I decided to do a quick little project and switch out the positive battery cable.   The old one was pretty corroded, not much left of the bolt.

rebby

Got the Tallon Hydroboost and Optima battery installed today, threw in a Wilwood proportioning valve while I was at it so I needed to redo all of my brake lines in addition to my PS lines. Still need to bleed out all the lines and function test. It started raining pretty good though so, hopefully, that's a project for tomorrow.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

68 VIPER CHARGER

Took car to a show Sat.  Weather was perfect and sunny

Magnumcharger

Cutting the quarters and a lot more off of my poor Charger's shell, yet again.
This time is the last time I swear.
New AMD panels waiting in the wings.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

General_01

Rewiring the car with a Painless kit, putting in an MSD ignition box, putting in a 1 wire alternator. Still waiting for the Command Center so I can also put the Fitech Meanstreet EFI on the car as well.  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

M5Ivan

Installed a Grant 1004 steering wheel and adjusted and cleaned up my center console.

71charger_fan

Dropped the gas tank and took out the brand new sending unit that was at about 6 ohms no matter what level was in the tank and put in another brand new unit. The new one shows 70.4 ohms empty and 10.2 ohms full. Much better.

A12 Superbee

Quote from: Dino on April 22, 2016, 04:01:44 PM
This shows the color a little more accurate. I don't know why cameras make it look so red.

Valve covers are just there to protect what's underneath by the way, they will not be reused.

Couldn't help but notice the dipstick tube appears to be sitting about 5mm proud, judging by the flared ring that stops it being pushed in too far. Mine is the same on my Bee and I thought it would cause an inaccurate read on the oil level when reading the dipstick. Is this a standard thing to see the tube not pushed in all the way to the ring stop?
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

Dino

Quote from: A12 Superbee on May 04, 2016, 03:47:15 PM
Quote from: Dino on April 22, 2016, 04:01:44 PM

Couldn't help but notice the dipstick tube appears to be sitting about 5mm proud, judging by the flared ring that stops it being pushed in too far. Mine is the same on my Bee and I thought it would cause an inaccurate read on the oil level when reading the dipstick. Is this a standard thing to see the tube not pushed in all the way to the ring stop?

Where does it show it sitting proud? The flared ring is pushed all the way against the block but you can't tell from that picture. The tube tab is bolted to the motor mount.

A12 Superbee

Sorry mate, must be an optical illusion. I was referring to what looks like a gap as indicated in pic.

A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

Dino

Ah I see now. Yeah that's the bracket where it attaches to the motor mount bolt. Look again at the original picture and you'll see the tube continue past the steering box right next to the motor mount.

If yours has the ring not flush to the block then it shouldn't line up to attach it to the motor mount bolt. Unless it was bent or drilled. In any case, if the tube is partway out then the oil reading will likely be off. Maybe it's not the original tube?   :shruggy:

70sixpkrt

Took the car cover off of it. Looked at it and walked away.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

grdprx

I took my daughter to High School Drags last night.  She has a chromosome anomaly and can't drive.  The track let me run a couple passes with her during time trials.  She had a great time, I'm glad I was able to get some track time with her.