News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

Quote from: two69chargers on December 06, 2016, 12:29:04 PM
Mytur Binsdirti - Yes, something needs to be done about that dash pad, but currently this car is just a driver and I'm happy I have in back on the road for the first time this year in 8 years that I had it down trying to do the vinyl top replacement.

marshallfry01 - Yes, the car is un-restored. With the exception of the new vinyl I got put on this August. You see the light bronze / tan interior in that last shot as well as the incorrect black hood, for the car is supposed to be T5 Copper Metallic. Below is a picture of it the day after I bought it in 1995. I just learned a couple weeks ago that I am the 5th owner of the car. The car came with all the original owner information as well as receipts up through 1978. A guy I work with saw the car in the parking lot, recognized the interior color as the same as one his brother owned in high school. a discussion with me over who I bought it from and yes, it was that car. The 3rd owner is who painted it black, then sold it to the guy I bought it from. Other than mechanical stuff to keep the car running, stopping and safe, no restoration effort has been made on it. I'm saving that effort for my RT.

Looks like a great project/driver! I like it.  :Twocents:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

71charger_fan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 06, 2016, 06:24:48 PM
Quote from: 71charger_fan on December 06, 2016, 09:19:12 AM
The new compressor was only $225. It'll cost more to pay somebody to pull the system down and recharge it than the compressor cost. I picked up a few cans of freon at the discount store, so that should help hold the costs down if they'll use my carried-in freon instead of their marked up freon. The place I use has always been willing to use things I bring in in the past.

Freon??? that is just a name brand. Are you going with R-12 or R-134.

I just use the word freon instead of spelling out refrigerant. I've got a Classic Auto Air system that takes R-134.

Pete in NH

Quote from: 71charger_fan on December 06, 2016, 09:19:12 AM
The new compressor was only $225. It'll cost more to pay somebody to pull the system down and recharge it than the compressor cost. I picked up a few cans of freon at the discount store, so that should help hold the costs down if they'll use my carried-in freon instead of their marked up freon. The place I use has always been willing to use things I bring in in the past.

Hi,

If the R-134 has already leaked out due to a bad seal you won't have to have the system emptied. When you install the new compressor make sure you have the proper type and amount of oil in it. Many new compressors are supplied with "shipping oil" whatever that is. If so, you need to empty it out, flush with the proper oil and then fill with the proper oil. I never trust the oil supplied with the compressor because you have no idea what it is. That may be why you had an issue with the original compressor. You can often rent or borrow a vacuum pump and gauge set from local auto parts houses so recharging the system does not have to be expensive. It's a fairly easy do-it-yourself job with a little guidance. Also, if you use PAG oil make sure you get the proper weight for your model Sanden. I like to use oil with a little U/V dye added in case you need to find leaks in the future.

M5Ivan

Removed the gauge cluster to replace the bulbs with LED. Decided while it's off and winter is here (it's going into storage today) I might as well send the cluster out to restore & re-calibrate the gauges. While the cluster is out I took off the lower dash pads and resprayed them with SEM Landau Black. Even with the cluster out it's still a PIA to remove the middle dash pad in an A/C car because there's a phillips  screw at the top of the vents under the radio that needs to be unscrewed from the back side. I removed the middle vents, cleaned them up and resprayed them. I replaced the a/c heater control lights with LED's and removed the old glove box so I can install my new one.
I also added a 10 gauge wire with a fusible link between my alternator and starter to reduce the current load going through my bulkhead connector.

M5Ivan

Put it in storage today for the winter :'( Ice and snow coming tomorrow.

Thankfully it's only 15 minutes away and the garage is heated and has power :icon_smile_big:
Not much room to work, but it will do!

67440chrg

Lately I am guilty of just checking on it and making sure it is fine in the cold barn. I do go out there almost every day. I will start it some time this week and let it run a while. Cold here now

ACUDANUT

M5Ivan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 12, 2016, 02:30:10 PM
I feed my Charger to the Mice every year.  :brickwall:

If you look closely in my picture above you can see a mouse trap I placed near the car :eek2:
Hoping to keep them at bay......

cooldude

I usually knock off for the winter. I guess the last thing I did was that me and a buddy rebuilt the brake lines, and replaced the bad 3 core radiator with a good single core out of a 79 Magnum.

Im wondering how that will hold? I mean, its just a 318, but still. The Magnum had a 360 in it, and Im thinking it will work out fine. It seems to be doing OK, even though it seems a little like a down grade to me..

ODZKing

Quote from: M5Ivan on December 12, 2016, 02:38:39 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 12, 2016, 02:30:10 PM
I feed my Charger to the Mice every year.  :brickwall:

If you look closely in my picture above you can see a mouse trap I placed near the car :eek2:
Hoping to keep them at bay......
Dryer sheets, lots of them. I can't say they don't work because I have had good luck as far as that goes, and I KNOW we had mice because I saw the droppings.
So I am guessing they do. Nice side advantage ... the car smells nice come spring!   :lol:

cdr

Adjusted the valves, getting ready to go to the track Jan 14.

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

6pkrtse

My youngest (15 year old) came out & helped me replace the valve cover gaskets on my red 70 Charger last weekend. I saw they have been leaking a little lately & get a puff a smoke no & then until it burns off so it was time to change them.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Dino

Nothing, nada, zip!

I haven't even removed the cover in quite some time. But I have been thinking about my baby and at least it's something!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cooldude

I gave my Charger to my daughter for Christmas. She loves it.

We plan to work on it together. And thats a bonus.

As for me, Ive still got my old Barracuda.

GordonGriggs

Got my 1966 Dodge Charger running again after more than 10 years. Next time its warm Im going to wash it.

Pushed my 1968 Dodge Charger back in the garage. Feels good to have it back after selling it 16 years ago.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

I have had the entire grille assemble inside my house for a little over a year now and it was starting to get in the way. So I decided to loosely bolt it on the car. My latch has some rust on it just from sitting inside so I guess it won't get much worse in the garage! Everything else on the frame was epoxy coated and painted so it should be alright. I'll check on everything from time to time. Should have done that anyway. The machined part on the intake manifold was getting rusty as well so I quickly scuffed it and put some wax on it.

Sure is nice seeing the grille back in place!

M5Ivan

I replaced the bulkhead connector, turn signal/cam + wiring and the engine wire harness.

timmycharger

Quote from: Dino on January 01, 2017, 01:14:33 PM
I have had the entire grille assemble inside my house for a little over a year now and it was starting to get in the way. So I decided to loosely bolt it on the car. My latch has some rust on it just from sitting inside so I guess it won't get much worse in the garage! Everything else on the frame was epoxy coated and painted so it should be alright. I'll check on everything from time to time. Should have done that anyway. The machined part on the intake manifold was getting rusty as well so I quickly scuffed it and put some wax on it.

Looks fantastic!!

Dino

Quote from: timmycharger on January 01, 2017, 04:09:50 PM
Quote from: Dino on January 01, 2017, 01:14:33 PM

Looks fantastic!!

Thanks!  :cheers:

comet_666

Installed new headlights with Wagner H5006 and H5001 and headlight adjusters (http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000015) because it happened to not be 20 degrees and snowing.
Also installed front license plate bracket replacing my slick zip ties.

Took picture just because I haven't in awhile  ;)

two69chargers

I did the barn re-arrangement Monday evening to get the White Hat Special car parked back by the R/T for the winter. Last night I dumped the Stabill, enzymes and anti-freeze additives in the gas tank, aired up all the tires and removed the battery. Tonight I pick up a box of dryer sheets to spread around the interior, then put the cover on for the winter. Can't wait till spring!
1969 RT / SE, 440 Magnum, Track Pack, B5
1969 White Hat Special, 318, 904, 8-1/4

NHCharger

Bought some Daytona parts from Ted Janak. The fender scoops came without any way to fasten to fender. Cut some aluminum to fit the shape and made some mounting stanchions with JB Weld.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Body work about done on Daytona clone. Just need to fine tune scoops, front valance. Nose is still a mess. That will take a bit to fix.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............