News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Replaced proportioning valve. Getting ready to put her on the road as soon as all the snow melts
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Kern Dog

It sure is nice being able to do work without sitting or lying on your back on the cold concrete! :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

...I was thinking that......but It does seem to have a narrow track on the support legs. Not sure I could trust it to be stable if I was doing work that involved heavy pushing or pulling.....would like it to be bolted to the floor....which its not if I'm seeing it correctly.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

brad mcintyre

pulled it out ready to start

NHCharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 03, 2017, 06:03:04 AM
...I was thinking that......but It does seem to have a narrow track on the support legs. Not sure I could trust it to be stable if I was doing work that involved heavy pushing or pulling.....would like it to be bolted to the floor....which its not if I'm seeing it correctly.

It's a scissor lift, which I can wheel around the shop, very handy. With the car that high you really can't do much heavy pushing or pulling. As you lower the car the base spreads out so it would be more stable. As you can see the ass end of the car hangs out further than the nose. Since the car is nose heavy with the engine it balances out fine. Believe me I tested the car at each level for stability. There is a six position locking mechanism so you aren't working under the car and just trusting the hydraulics.
I bought this lift last year. wish I had bought it six years ago when I was restoring the 68
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71charger_fan

Started it for the first time in weeks. Let it get good and hot in order to pinpoint an annoying small coolant leak. The leak, of course, did not show itself while I was watching for it. I did realize that my almost-new 440 Source aluminum water pump's bearing is shot. So I dug out an old iron pump and cleaned and painted that.

comet_666

Changed plugs to a hotter plug. Plug #7 nearly impossible to get at  :brickwall:
Waiting on wiper motor so I can start it up!

brad mcintyre

I will keep working on until someone else wants to take over .I wanted a second 66 but really really like 62 to 65 dodge and Plymouths but they are pretty dear . I have my charger but I would like to keep a flipper so I hope I don't get band from the sight .

brad mcintyre

that's my I don't want to sell it price if you are interested let me know we can talk

69wannabe

Finally got a weekend with decent weather after a solid month of rain almost every other day. It was a little stubborn but it started up good after not running for over a month now. Drove it saturday and yesterday around town and here and there. Glad to be shifting gears again and I am really liking the thermo tec cool it mat and the new carpet that I finally got done with last month too. Got some stealth heads being worked and when they are ready i'm going to pull the engine and dig into a much needed rear main seal and replace the iron heads with the new ones......

375instroke

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RIDELIKEHELL

Where to start.....

Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar
Hotchkis Leaf Springs
Hotchkis Torsion Bars
Wilwood 12.19" Disc Brakes on all 4 corners
Magnum force 2 " Drop Spindles
QA1 Level 3 Suspension kit including K Member,4 - New Shocks
Borgeson Power Steering box, Large Sector pitman arm,ps pump
Beefed up front frame rails added some gusseting
Front & Rear Torque boxes form US Car tool
New Valley Pan Gasket
Freshened up paint on Motor
New 26" American Eagle Radiator & dual 12" Spal Fans
Power Master 75 Amp 1 wire Alternator
B&M trans Cooler
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: brad mcintyre on April 03, 2017, 04:35:29 PM
that's my I don't want to sell it price if you are interested let me know we can talk

bummer
AMD POSTER BOY

ACUDANUT

Also, is there a lock on it (to keep it from lowering accidently?)  :scratchchin:

71charger_fan

Replaced the almost-new aluminum water pump with a used cast iron one to try and eliminate what sounded like bearing squeal at about 3K rpm. Now, the screech kicks in about 4K rpm and it's not as bad. At this point, I'm hoping some belt dressing clears it up. Otherwise, I'll have to also switch out the PS pump.

375instroke

Try taking off belts and starting the car to see when the squeal disappears.

71charger_fan

I took off the belt that eliminated the alternator and A/C compressor. Unfortunately, on my car, the PS pump and water pump share a belt.

375instroke

Hold a long screwdriver handle to your ear, then touch the other end around the motor, and it will get loud when you find the source.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 04, 2017, 06:51:12 AM
Where to start.....

Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar
Hotchkis Leaf Springs
Hotchkis Torsion Bars
New Valley Pan Gasket
B&M trans Cooler

What happened? I thought you had a custom suspension made up when the car was built?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 04, 2017, 05:34:44 PM

Also, is there a lock on it (to keep it from lowering accidently?)  :scratchchin:
Quote from: NHCharger on April 03, 2017, 07:58:31 AM
It's a scissor lift, which I can wheel around the shop, very handy. With the car that high you really can't do much heavy pushing or pulling. As you lower the car the base spreads out so it would be more stable. As you can see the ass end of the car hangs out further than the nose. Since the car is nose heavy with the engine it balances out fine. Believe me I tested the car at each level for stability. There is a six position locking mechanism so you aren't working under the car and just trusting the hydraulics.
I bought this lift last year. wish I had bought it six years ago when I was restoring the 68
;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 05, 2017, 02:11:27 PM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 04, 2017, 06:51:12 AM
Where to start.....

Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar
Hotchkis Leaf Springs
Hotchkis Torsion Bars
New Valley Pan Gasket
B&M trans Cooler

What happened? I thought you had a custom suspension made up when the car was built?

The IFS BY CONTROL FREAK Geometry was a problem from day one and eventually it had to go.....long story short almost sold the car in December but decided to fix things and upgrade at the same time  :coolgleamA:
AMD POSTER BOY

BDF

M5Ivan

Finished my Classic Auto air a/c install. I got to the point where I needed my shop to jump in and finish up some of the engine compartment work. Blows ice cold!!!
Did the shim mod to my Saginaw power steering pump. Added 3 washers (there was already one on it) and after driving it a bit today it's perfect.