News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

funknut

Installed a 100 amp 1-wire alternator in preparation for additional other electric goodies.  Cleaned up some of the wiring and installed a parallel circuit w/ fusible link through the firewall to reduce the load through the bulkhead connector.  Nothing too crazy as the car will be getting a full rewire in the next 6-18 months.

ACUDANUT

it's 105 degrees here in Kansas.  Forget the Charger.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 29, 2018, 01:50:51 PM
it's 105 degrees here in Kansas.  Forget the Charger.

It was that temperature in Denver, CO yesterday so I feel your pain. :eek2:  Only the fifth time in recorded history that it hit that temperature.  (We need a sweltering smiley icon for this.)  At least it is only going to get up to 97 degrees F today, with 75 degrees F predicted for tomorrow.  So relief is coming soon....

Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

RIDELIKEHELL

Installed Holley SNIPER FI with TANKS inc factory fuel tank with pump,sending unit etc. I have the SNIPER controlling my dual SPAL fans each at a different set point. Added a WILWOOD Master & have DTS in Detroit building me a 489 Case 3.55 TRU TRAC center section...also put 1100 miles on the car in a little over a month . Raised ass end using factory front spring hangars with the HOTCHKIS leafs. CAR RUNS AWESOME!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

JR

Nice work! Your setup is exactly where I'm headed.

What electric fans are you running?

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: JR on June 30, 2018, 08:52:59 AM
Nice work! Your setup is exactly where I'm headed.

What electric fans are you running?

2 - 12" SPAL
AMD POSTER BOY

RIDELIKEHELL

http://www.championradiators.com/product/AE375 I went with this RAD and added the fans they offer..under $600 usd all in free shipping
AMD POSTER BOY

JR

greenpigs

Small things like redo connectors on ECU and got a new neutral safety switch harness and fixed more connectors for tach.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

kokxville

Tightened every nut and bolt from the front and rear suspension. I just learned that when you buy a restored car it's very important to check all of this.
The lower controlarms,powersteeringunit,swaybar,pitmanarm, and the left strut all were loose. I was very lucky i didn't wreck my restored 69 4 speed trackpack charger  :icon_smile_blackeye:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Ghoste

Put proper vacuum hoses in for the headlight doors.

67440chrg

I got tired of carburetor problems and am putting a kit in it. All done except it had no vac secondary diaphragm in it. So when I ordered it I ordered a quick spring change lid for tuning. Now waiting on UPS. We will see if after over 20 years since rebuilding a carb if it runs.

TexasStroker

Celebrated the Chargerversary last Tuesday!  I ordered a fuel pressure regulator, since the newest configuration was pushing fuel thru the needle and seat, and several more rounds of braided wire wrap.  After getting that resolved I aim to finally start installing the American Auto Wire kit that has been sitting on a shelf for far too long.  And since others are mentioning the heat, we are setting records in the 105-108 range around here, but temps are usually closer to 110 than where they actually measure. 
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Cooperman

Had the opportunity to hang out with some fully-uniformed tribute US Patrol Car owners after an Independence Day car show at a former USAF base here in England.
It was great fun and what I believe having these cars is all about. There's a few videos on YouTube.

We did this mock chasing for about an hour - sirens and lights ablaze - and apparently the locals thought there was a major incident going on!  :rofl:

A happy memory of the car not long before my Charger was almost totalled this week...  :brickwall:

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cooperman on July 21, 2018, 01:43:41 PM
Had the opportunity to hang out with some fully-uniformed tribute US Patrol Car owners after an Independence Day car show at a former USAF base here in England.
It was great fun and what I believe having these cars is all about. There's a few videos on YouTube.

We did this mock chasing for about an hour - sirens and lights ablaze - and apparently the locals thought there was a major incident going on!  :rofl:

What is your YouTube channel?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Cooperman

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 21, 2018, 01:50:32 PM
Quote from: Cooperman on July 21, 2018, 01:43:41 PM

What is your YouTube channel?

Ahh. I don't have one myself, but here's a link to a video that a friend of mine posted. https://youtu.be/lopORd34y0k  :2thumbs:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

JR

That looks like alot of fun man, glad you got to have some fun before your car was hit.

But I do have to ask though, why in the hell are there so many American police cars still in full livery over there? Is there a segment of Brits that collect them there? That raises so many questions. Who is exporting former police cars still in "uniform"? Or are they imported as plain sedans and the owners converted them back? And what do they use them for?

alfaitalia

How come your 69 Charger has 68 plates on it?...mine and the other 69s I know all have 69 plates...so G reg rather than F like yours. Sorry to hear about your prang....is is repairable?

EDIT; Just realized is not a 69 but a 68 with a 69 grille...so the plate is right!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Obi Ben Dover

Replaced the forever leaking leather pinion seal in my 742 case with neoprene.  Replaced sloppy original steering gear with a Lares reman unit and did the idler at the same time.  She steers much better now! ;D

VegasCharger

Quote from: Cooperman on July 21, 2018, 01:56:14 PM
Ahh. I don't have one myself, but here's a link to a video that a friend of mine posted. https://youtu.be/lopORd34y0k  :2thumbs:

Look it's Enos at 0:45 lol.  :smilielol:

:cheers:

alfaitalia

Big step forward today. Although I'm playing my cards very close to my chest with my resto mod, today was a big day with the first dyno run of my new lump. I built it all myself..except headwork as I no longer have the tools to properly port a head....and to be honest I was never that good at it!  First run on the dyno kicked out a mere 1123 horses...My build target was 1100 and due to the wobbly shape of the curve the dyno guy recons there is an easy 75 brake to come with some time on the laptop playing with the fuel/timing map......1200hp..nice. But more impressive is the spread of torque with peak torque rocking up at about 2400 rpm. If I can get the power down this is going to be a fun street machine! Anyone care to take a guess at the spec of the motor. I will post the full specs is anyone gets close!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Done a fair bit this last week and a half. Mounted up my sway bar, parking brake mechanism and cable, mounted ignition box to firewall, fresh air vent, mounted up vacuum canister, battery tray and installed clutch rod and set up the brake switch bracket. I also finally removed the stupid overflow bottle that the previous owner installed.

Back N Black

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 24, 2018, 01:06:12 PM
Big step forward today. Although I'm playing my cards very close to my chest with my resto mod, today was a big day with the first dyno run of my new lump. I built it all myself..except headwork as I no longer have the tools to properly port a head....and to be honest I was never that good at it!  First run on the dyno kicked out a mere 1123 horses...My build target was 1100 and due to the wobbly shape of the curve the dyno guy recons there is an easy 75 brake to come with some time on the laptop playing with the fuel/timing map......1200hp..nice. But more impressive is the spread of torque with peak torque rocking up at about 2400 rpm. If I can get the power down this is going to be a fun street machine! Anyone care to take a guess at the spec of the motor. I will post the full specs is anyone gets close!

Wow, that's impressive.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 24, 2018, 01:06:12 PM

I will bite

big block 500+ cubes, some nasty heads, twin turbo EFI.