News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Kern Dog

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 13, 2019, 02:30:44 PM
Are solid flat tappet cam's idea for street use ?  :shruggy:

I think that you forgot a couple of words.
If you are asking if solid flat tappet cams are a good idea for street use, I say...Sure.
I've ran 2 of them with Howards EDM lifters. The lifters oil through and deliver a stream of oil between the lifter face and the cam lobes.

Ghoste

I run a flat tappet cam in my car for the street.  Adjustment depends partly on how much use they get.  I adjust them once a year.

INTMD8

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 13, 2019, 10:43:46 PM
I heard you have to always adjust them ?  :shruggy:

Don't know about always but yes if I have to adjust them once a year and it turns 7k+ it's worth it to me.  It will probably only see a couple thousand miles a year.

Seems to be a good amount of hydraulic lifter failures or rpm issues with Hemi's, most say due to pushrod angle.

I believe 426 came with sft from the factory through 69.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

INTMD8

Birdflu

INTMD8

timmycharger

I started my Charger for the first time this year. I blew the dust off of it, let it get up to temp then went for a blast around the block.  Put on my new front plate I picked up over the winter  :2thumbs:

EccentricMagpies

As easy as today's effort was the feeling that things are finally falling into place is a good feeling..  (even though this hasn't been my #1 priority)

Mounted the bulkhead to get the new engine harness plugged in.  (Prior: the car would only turn over by jumping the relay.)
the fact that the new harness had a ground wire which the old one did not was promising in two ways.  One, I probably won't have a fire under the hood anytime in the near future and, well, it actually turns over now with the key.

So.   after i get some fluids in it, I'm hoping to finally get this thing in the paint/body shop.

And, as my nephew said when he was working on it.. "All I want to do is roast some tires".... and that will come prior to the shop.   :cheers:
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

HeavyFuel

Installed these last night.   Alignment scheduled for tomorrow.

Pretty stoked about the potential handling improvement.   Right now I have +caster of like less than 1* on one side and 1.75* on the other.   

whitehatspecial

For my 1968 Charger:

Changed out the rear to 742 3.23 posi from a one legger 741 2.76. Installed a pair of new 5 spring leaf springs, 4 new shocks, rear brake lines, flushed the brake fluid, changed the rear brake hose, all new rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders. I restored the original parking brake cables so they actually move. Prepped and painted the rear end assembly.

Resealed some of the intake manifold bolts that had an annoying oil leak. Changed the oil with Lucas 20-50w Classic car high zinc.

Moved to the interior, removed the non-functioning dash dimmer switch and sent it out for a rebuild. Replaced all the lamps in the cluster.

Last thing I want to do this spring is clay bar and wax the exterior.

Future plans include a 440 and tranny swap.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Wasco

Quote from: HeavyFuel on May 05, 2020, 04:49:37 PM

Pretty stoked about the potential handling improvement.   Right now I have +caster of like less than 1* on one side and 1.75* on the other.   

What brand are those, did you get them from a sponsoring vendor and what led you to purchase those particular ones? 

Thanks!

JR

Finally pulled it out of mothballs. Its been stored at a friends house while I settled into a move and a career change. Now I have to iron out a few "old car issues" that pop up anytime something sits for that long. Nothing serious.

The 440 is tired though, I'm over this particular engine.

Just have to make the time to wrench on it now.

In case anyone is curious,  the wrap is a year old and the car was stored in a lean to beside a shop under a car cover, and the wrap still looks like day one. Its held up great.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

70 sublime

Quote from: JR on May 06, 2020, 11:31:12 AM
Finally pulled it out of mothballs. Its been stored at a friends house while I settled into a move and a career change. Now I have to iron out a few "old car issues" that pop up anytime something sits for that long. Nothing serious.

In case anyone is curious,  the wrap is a year old and the car was stored in a lean to beside a shop under a car cover, and the wrap still looks like day one. Its held up great.

Can't remember when you wrapped it did you put a R/T stripe on the wrap or is that just showing through from the one on the car under the wrap ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JR

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 06, 2020, 02:57:12 PM
Quote from: JR on May 06, 2020, 11:31:12 AM

Can't remember when you wrapped it did you put a R/T stripe on the wrap or is that just showing through from the one on the car under the wrap ?

I wrapped over the original stripe. Hoping to be able to save the original stripe when I pull the wrap.

I had planned on putting another color bumblee stripe over the top but I came to like the ghost effect and left it alone.

I'm itching to change the color now, I'm torn between going full Toretto in Satin black or a gloss color for a change. I'll make another thread on the process when I do that.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

6pkrtse

Swapped the Rallye wheels for my Cragar wheels for the summer.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

DanielRobert

FINALLY  installed my engine and trans
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Wasco on May 06, 2020, 11:28:04 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on May 05, 2020, 04:49:37 PM

What brand are those, did you get them from a sponsoring vendor and what led you to purchase those particular ones? 

Thanks!

They're from Firm Feel.  After considering the various manufacturers/models available, I liked the options, design and look of these. 

There's cheaper ones out there, but I've purchased from FF before, and I like their stuff.  Good guys to work with, too.

RallyeMike

New battery tray in the 73 today... otherwise I'm spending all my time transplanting floor and trunk metal into my rust bucket 57 Coronet.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

EccentricMagpies

swapped out the incorrect column shift trans lever with the correct floor shift lever.

:popcrn:

yep.   that's it.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

VegasCharger

My 68 seeing daylight for the first time in a long time this past Sunday. I was re-arranging my garage so out she came. That's my carpet on the top of it. Two sets, one new and one used. And yes that's a 4 door windshield resting in place of where a 2 door windshield would be. It acts as a temporarily dust shield LoL. Moves on it's own power.

:cheers:

krops cars

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

krops cars

keith88

Just did some body work my self because it very expensive to pay for and it came out pretty nice. Did both top of the front fenders and drivers side (both top and side)both top rear quarters ,half the hood and the Dutchman panel... with a spray can! The car looks like it was restored some time ago and had several spots that needed fixing since i bought it 4 yrs ago.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.