News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

using it as a bench for the wife's 04 concorde cat-convertors, have to install them before i can work on my car
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Harper

finished priming the front fender and cowl, changed plug wires, plugs, points, condensor...
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

myk

The dust is still settling from the work done on the interior, paint, body and complete rewiring of the car but as we all know, it never ends: Just solved my vibration/rattle from the trunk area, thanks to the guys in the Paint, Body Trim section.  Ordered some door clips, because a "friend" grabbed my 'pass door by the top door pad to shut it and tore the whole damn thing off and lost the clips in the middle of a cruise night.  Bought a dome light and map light lens, slathered 3M weatherstrip adhesive all over my freshly painted trunk to install said weatherstrip, replaced a broken wheel stud.  Installed an electric fuel pump that's just about as loud as my 440.   ::)  Bought new door lock knobs, and....generally just driving the damn thing as much as possible.  Too bad gas is around $4.40 a gallon right now...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BrianShaughnessy

Just got done about an hour ago changing the starter again.   

Great price / service on new mini / dakota starter is these guys on ebay.   Ordered yesterday afternoon,   showed up at noon TODAY! 

http://myworld.ebay.com/dbelectrical/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Seems to work so far so good.   Much better than the 2nd rebuilt autozone job I put in after the 1st one went bad after 7 years. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Fred

Quote from: myk on August 25, 2012, 03:07:35 AM
 Too bad gas is around $4.40 a gallon right now...

Well myk, that's the perfect excuse not to take it out into all that traffic and save you one massive headache. Am I right? :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Quote from: Fred on August 25, 2012, 05:35:14 PM
Quote from: myk on August 25, 2012, 03:07:35 AM
 Too bad gas is around $4.40 a gallon right now...

Well myk, that's the perfect excuse not to take it out into all that traffic and save you one massive headache. Am I right? :icon_smile_big:

Nah I'm a stubborn muppet.  Gas could be $10 and you'd catch me stripping at the local skin joint just to help pay for it all...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Myk, I'm not sure if thats funny or disturbing.  :smilielol:

Bob T

Its disturbingly funny  :lol:          I did 130 miles today in mine on a Mopar cruise. Sweet . Gave some guy in a pious next to me at the lights a big cheery grin and wave thinking ''save gas for me buddy''
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

Quote from: Bob T on August 26, 2012, 04:18:57 AM
Its disturbingly funny  :lol:          I did 130 miles today in mine on a Mopar cruise. Sweet . Gave some guy in a pious next to me at the lights a big cheery grin and wave thinking ''save gas for me buddy''

:lol:   :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

FlatbackFanatic

I changed from power steering to manual yesterday, boy, what a job!! About 6 hours to do it. It would of been easy if I had stock exhaust manifolds
on the car. Thanks Lee(itsa426) for working on it with me. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Ghoste

Quote from: Bob T on August 26, 2012, 04:18:57 AM

Depends on whether or not you have to watch him earn that money Bob.  Now your comment to the Pious driver on the other hand, thats JUST funny.  :lol: :2thumbs:

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on August 26, 2012, 03:08:45 AM
Myk, I'm not sure if thats funny or disturbing.  :smilielol:

Let's just...focus on the car part in all of this.... :smilielol:

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on August 26, 2012, 10:22:14 AM
I changed from power steering to manual yesterday, boy, what a job!! About 6 hours to do it. It would of been easy if I had stock exhaust manifolds

Yikes. Why?

And to think I'm going through so much right now trying to get my power steering to work...

GPULLER

Yeah why?  Going drag racing?

Dino

Fixed the leaky header which was a huge pita BUT well worth it now that the ole' great white sounds as it should again.

Removed all the old A/C stuff and replaced with upgraded parts, haven't charged it yet.

Got the rebuild kit for the TQ but haven't started work on it yet.

Have 4 new eddy shocks and a new washer bottle and pump ready to install.

Next job:  Install the front disc kit and rebuild the rears but need 15" wheels first.

Most of my spare time is spent driving the car instead of working on it, I probably should do a bit more working.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Quote from: GPULLER on August 27, 2012, 01:14:51 PM

I'm guessing to get some road feel/feedback from the steering system.  The stock power steering system is too light-you can't feel the road or what the car's doing...

Dino

Oh yeah forgot about that, I need to add some shims to my power steering pump to get some more road feel. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Chargen69

Fred

Took mine out 3 times this week as the weather's been perfect to test the new wheel alignment. And she's handling really well now.  It's magic.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

FlatbackFanatic

Quote from: myk on August 27, 2012, 03:04:31 PM

Yeah why?  Going drag racing?

I'm guessing to get some road feel/feedback from the steering system.  The stock power steering system is too light-you can't feel the road or what the car's doing...
It was leaking, and I wanted to get the feel of the road too. And where the power steering was will be a nice spot for an aftermarket A/C. ;D
And Reed, with all the weight from the power steering unit and steering box off the front end, it might help shave a few 10ths off at the drag strip. :lol:

GPULLER

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on August 27, 2012, 05:56:59 PM

Yeah why?  Going drag racing?

I'm guessing to get some road feel/feedback from the steering system.  The stock power steering system is too light-you can't feel the road or what the car's doing...
It was leaking, and I wanted to get the feel of the road too. And where the power steering was will be a nice spot for an aftermarket A/C. ;D
And Reed, with all the weight from the power steering unit and steering box off the front end, it might help shave a few 10ths off at the drag strip. :lol:

Any extra weight off for drag racing is a plus.
A/C...Getting old?

cdr

havent been able to do much on charger ,but just for fun i put my tunnel ram on the old worn out b motor,although the new motor will not have a tunnel ram
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

chargermike

didnot do much with the charger this year..so i guess just put on 300 miles all year. maybe take her out this weekend.

FlatbackFanatic

Quote from: GPULLER on August 28, 2012, 12:20:01 PM
Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on August 27, 2012, 05:56:59 PM

I'm guessing to get some road feel/feedback from the steering system.  The stock power steering system is too light-you can't feel the road or what the car's doing...

Any extra weight off for drag racing is a plus.
A/C...Getting old?
The family is spoiled, and it would be nice not sweating like a pig. :2thumbs: