News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

Quote from: GOTWING on September 23, 2013, 06:59:38 AM
( was my 1st car 29 years ago )
That's pretty cool to still have your first car all that time.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nvrbdn

getting the car ready for a show. put the wheels and tires on. no pics quite yet. tuning the motor and looked under neath. where is all the oil coming from??? is the filter leaking? well, it wasnt. the oil pump was though. i get her to idle and raise her up on the lift to watch oil pulsate out the side of the oil pump like a heart beat. easy to change when the engine is on the stand. but not when its tucked in just above the k frame. nobody has one on their shelf.was able to score the small O rings at napa and the large one at car quest. its back on tonight, and i will know if the leak is fixed in the morning when i fire it up.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

myk

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 26, 2013, 10:33:07 PM
getting the car ready for a show. put the wheels and tires on. no pics quite yet. tuning the motor and looked under neath. where is all the oil coming from??? is the filter leaking? well, it wasnt. the oil pump was though. i get her to idle and raise her up on the lift to watch oil pulsate out the side of the oil pump like a heart beat. easy to change when the engine is on the stand. but not when its tucked in just above the k frame. nobody has one on their shelf.was able to score the small O rings at napa and the large one at car quest. its back on tonight, and i will know if the leak is fixed in the morning when i fire it up.

Good luck with that; I'm headed out tomorrow night for the last cruise/show for the year as well...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

nvrbdn

update on the car, got up this morning. fired up the charger and no oil leaks. yea. so great, time to get the car out of the garage and get the rest of the stuff done. the fan belt was squeaking horribly every time i reved the engine. turns out the pully was bent. :brickwall: ok, lucky i had an extra pump in the garage. get the brackets swapped over and the squeaking is gone. decided to go around the lake and stop for some gas and a soda. put 10 gallons in since i already had a few gallons in there. went in for a soda for me and the son. came out to see him taking a picture and seen gas pouring out of the tank.(brand new tank and rubber seal.) first time fill up on them. guess i must have damaged the seal when i installed the new tank. :shruggy: had him help me push the car away from the pumps and messed with zip ties to put enough pressure on the seal to stop the leaking. when i got home a unscrewed the gas cap and moved the filler tube and thats when i found out how the seal had been damaged.  :brickwall: well as everyone probably knows, there is no one that has that seal. the charger went back on the lift. lowered the gas level in the tank. temporary sealed around the rubber seal. guess i will just run half a tank of fuel untill the new seal comes in. what a day it has been.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

WHITE AND RED 69

Pulled apart the front end after work and started putting in a lower radiator support brace. Got it all in place tonight and will weld it up tomorrow. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 27, 2013, 09:57:47 PM
update on the car, got up this morning. fired up the charger and no oil leaks. yea. so great, time to get the car out of the garage and get the rest of the stuff done. the fan belt was squeaking horribly every time i reved the engine. turns out the pully was bent. :brickwall: ok, lucky i had an extra pump in the garage. get the brackets swapped over and the squeaking is gone. decided to go around the lake and stop for some gas and a soda. put 10 gallons in since i already had a few gallons in there. went in for a soda for me and the son. came out to see him taking a picture and seen gas pouring out of the tank.(brand new tank and rubber seal.) first time fill up on them. guess i must have damaged the seal when i installed the new tank. :shruggy: had him help me push the car away from the pumps and messed with zip ties to put enough pressure on the seal to stop the leaking. when i got home a unscrewed the gas cap and moved the filler tube and thats when i found out how the seal had been damaged.  :brickwall: well as everyone probably knows, there is no one that has that seal. the charger went back on the lift. lowered the gas level in the tank. temporary sealed around the rubber seal. guess i will just run half a tank of fuel untill the new seal comes in. what a day it has been.

Did you make it to the show?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

nvrbdn

Quote from: myk on September 28, 2013, 12:05:53 AM

yes i did. :2thumbs:

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 28, 2013, 04:51:03 PM
update on the car, got up this morning. fired up the charger and no oil leaks. yea. so great, time to get the car out of the garage and get the rest of the stuff done. the fan belt was squeaking horribly every time i reved the engine. turns out the pully was bent. :brickwall: ok, lucky i had an extra pump in the garage. get the brackets swapped over and the squeaking is gone. decided to go around the lake and stop for some gas and a soda. put 10 gallons in since i already had a few gallons in there. went in for a soda for me and the son. came out to see him taking a picture and seen gas pouring out of the tank.(brand new tank and rubber seal.) first time fill up on them. guess i must have damaged the seal when i installed the new tank. :shruggy: had him help me push the car away from the pumps and messed with zip ties to put enough pressure on the seal to stop the leaking. when i got home a unscrewed the gas cap and moved the filler tube and thats when i found out how the seal had been damaged.  :brickwall: well as everyone probably knows, there is no one that has that seal. the charger went back on the lift. lowered the gas level in the tank. temporary sealed around the rubber seal. guess i will just run half a tank of fuel untill the new seal comes in. what a day it has been.

Yes I did, and I even got parked up front for once...

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: myk on September 28, 2013, 06:17:20 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on September 28, 2013, 04:51:03 PM
update on the car, got up this morning. fired up the charger and no oil leaks. yea. so great, time to get the car out of the garage and get the rest of the stuff done. the fan belt was squeaking horribly every time i reved the engine. turns out the pully was bent. :brickwall: ok, lucky i had an extra pump in the garage. get the brackets swapped over and the squeaking is gone. decided to go around the lake and stop for some gas and a soda. put 10 gallons in since i already had a few gallons in there. went in for a soda for me and the son. came out to see him taking a picture and seen gas pouring out of the tank.(brand new tank and rubber seal.) first time fill up on them. guess i must have damaged the seal when i installed the new tank. :shruggy: had him help me push the car away from the pumps and messed with zip ties to put enough pressure on the seal to stop the leaking. when i got home a unscrewed the gas cap and moved the filler tube and thats when i found out how the seal had been damaged.  :brickwall: well as everyone probably knows, there is no one that has that seal. the charger went back on the lift. lowered the gas level in the tank. temporary sealed around the rubber seal. guess i will just run half a tank of fuel untill the new seal comes in. what a day it has been.

Yes I did, and I even got parked up front for once...

That's a really nice orange.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Thanks guys.  I'm just glad that the car is finally making progress...

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Bob T

Good work Myk, always good to get it out to a parkup with other good car folk  :cheers:
Looks sharp too  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

myk

Again thanks for the kind words, guys.  I still have a ways to go with the car, but I have to admit that whatever progress I've made is because of all of you here... :cheers:

How often do some of you guys do shows/cruises? 

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 29, 2013, 06:05:41 AM
Again thanks for the kind words, guys.  I still have a ways to go with the car, but I have to admit that whatever progress I've made is because of all of you here... :cheers:

I would say your car is at the stage it is at because you put the work in.  We're just here to distract you with silly stuff.   :lol:

The car looks great buddy.   :2thumbs:

Let's see...shows so far:  None, zip, nadda, zero.   :smilielol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Paul G

Three or four shows a year. Cruise nights, just about 1 a week. I usually hit the local Friday night cruise.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

nvrbdn

saturday was my first with this car. did one last year with the cougar. guess im 1 a year. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Quote from: Dino on September 29, 2013, 07:13:10 AM

I would say your car is at the stage it is at because you put the work in.  We're just here to distract you with silly stuff.   :lol:

The car looks great buddy.   :2thumbs:

Let's see...shows so far:  None, zip, nadda, zero.   :smilielol:

Really?  I thought you just put the car in dry dock recently?  Then again I didn't start going this year until September-missed about 5 months worth of shows/cruises so I'm not one to talk, lol.  Did you ever get your 'alt bracketry figured out?

Quote from: Paul G on September 29, 2013, 09:04:30 AM

Three or four shows a year. Cruise nights, just about 1 a week. I usually hit the local Friday night cruise.

That sounds great; not too much and just enough exposure.  I know I got burnt out on the whole scene last year.

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 29, 2013, 12:54:40 PM
saturday was my first with this car. did one last year with the cougar. guess im 1 a year. :smilielol:

That's awesome!  So tell us, were you the only Mopar, or maybe the only Charger?  I'm willing to bet the only 2nd 'Gen at the very least.  That's how it is with me; this Friday was the "biggest" show of all year and I was the only Charger there.  At the local cruises I'm usually the only Mopar...

nvrbdn

there was a superbird, a brown 69 charger with tan interior, 73 road runner, and a 68 dart. a couple amc's. and a total of 273 cars in all. only 23 late model cars. here is the bird.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Hmm...I guess San Diego Mopar guys are recluses lol.  In any case, you gotta love the late-model stuff; especially when it's a designated "'74 and older" show and a brand new Ford SVT Raptor with dealer plates tries to crash muscle car row... :lol:

74Rallye

I got the 4sp into my 74. Now there's about 100 little details to wrap up. 

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House