News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L

Pulled the heads off my '68 R/T on friday. Going to send them off to get milled for a compression bump and cut for 2.14 -1.81 valves. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

JamieZ

Weather played nice so I got the grille mostly repainted (still needs some minor touch ups)
Tedious masking:

Then unmasking:

And finally a mock up:

1974dodgecharger

I get the enjoyment of cleaning her up again after the rain.  Its not like our cars melt out in the rain lol  :icon_smile_big:, though some would say they do.

I feel confident enough my car is 99% rustproof from the elements as much as possible after what I did to her all summer on my back which was POR15 multiple layers on her and then rattle can it afterwards the whole undercarriage.

Ghoste

Oh I know mine won`t melt, I just don`t like cleaning it after.

Fred

Drained the trans oil in order to do an oil and filter change and discovered a lot of black chunks laying inside the pan. That sent alarm bells ringing so I dropped the trans......getting ready for a rebuild. 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Fred on December 23, 2013, 01:18:14 AM
Drained the trans oil in order to do an oil and filter change and discovered a lot of black chunks laying inside the pan. That sent alarm bells ringing so I dropped the trans......getting ready for a rebuild. 

you gonna do it or a shop?  Gonna put some goodies in the rebuild?

Fred

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 23, 2013, 01:33:43 AM

you gonna do it or a shop?

Getting it done by a professional who really knows his business. I've known him for many years and trust him to do the job right.

Gonna put some goodies in the rebuild?

Whatever it takes to make it bulletproof for the hemi.  :2thumbs:

JB400

You'll just have to limit the number of neutral drops you do  :lol: :drive:

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 23, 2013, 01:47:01 AM
You'll just have to limit the number of neutral drops you do  :lol: :drive:

Are you driving or am I?   :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

damn you fred and your HEMI, damn you to hell  :icon_smile_big:
Quote from: Fred on December 23, 2013, 01:44:55 AM

Getting it done by a professional who really knows his business. I've known him for many years and trust him to do the job right.

Fred

:icon_smile_big:  Yeah and I reckon I'll get there first. 

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 23, 2013, 02:15:50 AM
damn you fred and your HEMI, damn you to hell  :icon_smile_big:
Quote from: Fred on December 23, 2013, 01:44:55 AM

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Love to read all that others are doing with their Chargers :2thumbs: Keep it up  :2thumbs:

Lord Warlock

Pulled the passenger side axle, rebuilt the rear right drum brake with all new parts, installed the new axle (already did the drivers side before xmas) installed the new drum cover and installed the wheel.  Not a difficult job with the right tools, but armed with normal tools and no real brake tools, took a little longer, fingers and tips feel abused.  Glad I'm done with that part.  Now I have to connect the line to each wheel cylinder, tighten up the rear block, then put the hose bracket back in place and I'll be done back there. 
Taking the front calipers off to make a second attempt to get the calipers on the rotors with pads installed.  May have to take the calipers in for a check up, If i do i may take the extra AC compressor in, and the extra alternator and starter in for rebuilds as well.  Wouldn't hurt to have a backup set already done and waiting if needed. 

Current compressor/pump is painted black and ready for reinstall, pulleys could use a rebuild, as it sounds like dirts in there but they do spin freely.  Want to get the belts back on soon. 

Have to start looking for glass shops to see who can come out and install the glass soon.  Always happy to see sustained progress in the right direction.  Waiting for the trunk floor metal to arrive, that job is going to take a while i'm sure, then I get to worry about the fuel tank and fuel lines.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

NHCharger

Redneck front end alignment
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Lord Warlock

cut off the old fuel line from tank to engine bay, still have to unhook it from behind the axle, seems bolted on somehow.  Was surprised to find old fuel still in it, it stunk up the garage after leaking onto the floor and carpet i had beside the car.  Have to get the old one off before i can put the new one in. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Dino

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 01, 2014, 09:17:49 PM
cut off the old fuel line from tank to engine bay, still have to unhook it from behind the axle, seems bolted on somehow.  Was surprised to find old fuel still in it, it stunk up the garage after leaking onto the floor and carpet i had beside the car.  Have to get the old one off before i can put the new one in. 

There's a single body bolt holding the lines above the axle.  Once that is removed, all that holds the lines to the body is the clips.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Remove the line lock and pinion snubber from the 67.

Dino

Ordered more parts...yeah I know.   :lol:

I'm gonna have to order a mechanic to come bolt all that crap on!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mytur Binsdirti

If you must know; I pushed mine backwards 15 feet in the garage last week & today I moved it 15 feet forward.

maxwellwedge

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

MrSnicks

DROVE IT FOR THE 1ST TIME SINCE I'VE HAD IT (and since it was last registered in 1989).   :vert:  MAIDEN VOYAGE. Drove AND stopped under it's own power!  :2thumbs:

... of course if we're going to do full disclosure it was only across the street to the gas station.... the trans fluid was low so I limped it over and back.  Added more fluid and drove it around the neighborhood... Went fast enough to get the rebuilt 904 up to 3rd gear.

Since I've owned it I have.

Swapped the bench/column shift for  Buckets/console shift
Replaced the entire fuel system
Replaced the entire brake system (converted to front disc)
Rebuilt the front suspension (added a sway bar and LCA stiffening plates)
Rebuilt the engine (only a 318)
Rebuilt the transmission (just a 904)

I should have it down to the muffler shop next week to get exhaust, then it's off to the tire shop to get new rubber and an alignment.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House