News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

I got the 472 Hemi in and running.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Baldwinvette77

Thats just mouth watering....  :drool5:  Also you gotta edit your signature again  :hah:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 25, 2014, 07:28:49 PM
Thats just mouth watering....  :drool5:  Also you gotta edit your signature again  :hah:

Is that better?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JamieZ

Now that the torsion bar is not holding it in I was able to remove the lower control arm.  The bushing was completely shot, I put one of my replacements next to it for comparison:

Of course removing the outer shell from the LCA is always a challenge.  I did some reading and decided to use the 1-3/8" tap method.  It worked pretty well, bud once the shell was out, I couldn't figure a good way to get it off the tap, so I just chopped a groove in it with the angle grinder and vice gripped it off:

The lower control arm was filthy...I spend a good few hours cleaning it.  Once everything was clean I hit it all with some chassis black:

Dino

I actually took a break from studying today and spend an hour or two playing with the car.  :2thumbs:
I finished installing the new bulkhead connector and added a 50 amp maxi fuse to the system.  The main splice behind the cluster was taken apart and the original power wires removed.  A new 8 ga wire runs from the fuse through the firewall and to the splice.  Another 8 a wire runs from the fuse to the starter relay and meets up with the 6 ga wires going to the alternator and an 80 amp fuse under the battery tray.  Because of this there was no need to keep the old wiring  and fusible link so slot J and P on the BH connector were now empty.  I merged the ignition power wire and the constant power feed, wires Q and N, so they can operate the Firecore ignition.  Ballast resistor is also gone.  I stuck the merged wires in slot P so I have an empty slot on either end.  Now al I have left to do is run a few new wires in the engine bay and the new charging system will be complete.  I already have a 20 amp fuse running from the alt to the horn relay and the headlight relay upgrade is done as well. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

more
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on May 25, 2014, 08:55:15 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 25, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

Is that better?

Much better, considering i never knew you had a 70 as well  :yesnod:

Daytona R/T SE

Bob T

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on May 25, 2014, 07:18:35 PM
I got the 472 Hemi in and running.

Making Music indeed!
Nice one , pleased for you
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

charger496

This weekend I drove from Atlanta to South Georgia Motorsports Park for the Mopar Southern...whatever they call it show. I got the Gearvendors in and almost vibration free at 5 pm Friday night. I think another degree or two down on the pinion angle will knock out the rest of the 70-75 mph vibration. It was nice to go 80 on the freeway and not turn 3600 rpm's. I got there at 11:45 Saturday and ran 5 times down the track. Best time of the day for me was 12.53 @ 110mph. The rest of the runs were plagued with fuel delivery issues. It was running out of fuel for a second or so just before half track. Sunday I had more time to make adjustments and after raising the floats in the QF 780 to halfway in the sight glass, I made a pass at 12.34 @ 112. Not bad for a 3.23 gear. After that, I packed up the tools and slicks, loaded up the family and drove back with the AC on full blast. Engine never saw over 195 degrees, and settled around 190 for most of the trip with 90 degree air temps. Lets see if I can figure out how to post pictures... If not, there's pics and video on Instagram. I'm @1971charger.

myk

Quote from: charger496 on May 26, 2014, 09:03:25 PM
  This weekend I drove from Atlanta to South Georgia Motorsports Park for the Mopar Southern...whatever they call it show. I got the Gearvendors in and almost vibration free at 5 pm Friday night. I think another degree or two down on the pinion angle will knock out the rest of the 70-75 mph vibration. It was nice to go 80 on the freeway and not turn 3600 rpm's. I got there at 11:45 Saturday and ran 5 times down the track. Best time of the day for me was 12.53 @ 110mph. The rest of the runs were plagued with fuel delivery issues. It was running out of fuel for a second or so just before half track. Sunday I had more time to make adjustments and after raising the floats in the QF 780 to halfway in the sight glass, I made a pass at 12.34 @ 112. Not bad for a 3.23 gear. After that, I packed up the tools and slicks, loaded up the family and drove back with the AC on full blast. Engine never saw over 195 degrees, and settled around 190 for most of the trip with 90 degree air temps. Lets see if I can figure out how to post pictures... If not, there's pics and video on Instagram. I'm @1971charger.

That's one of the greatest weekends I've read about in a long time, and it goes to show you how living with a muscle car is DONE.  Pulling 12's in cars like ours is always an admirable accomplishment.  Way to go!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

charger496

Thanks Myk. I can go fast, but I can't upload pictures to this site... Where's that tutorial link again?

myk

Just sign up with photbucket.com; it's free and all you have to do is upload your photos, then copy and paste the image link into your post:

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: myk on May 26, 2014, 09:41:28 PM
Just sign up with photbucket.com; it's free and all you have to do is upload your photos, then copy and paste the image link into your post:

Have anymore examples?  :popcrn:  :drool5:

Ghoste

Quote from: charger496 on May 26, 2014, 09:13:45 PM
   Thanks Myk. I can go fast, but I can't upload pictures to this site... Where's that tutorial link again?

It's in the site suggestions forum.  You have to resize them usually.

keith88

Oil change muffler fix and instrument lights fixed now i can see at night. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Wicked72

so with my sand paper :smilielol: and a bunch of other tools i repaired a huge dent in my roof along with two other small ones. then i started grinding the spot welds on my new quarter panel. and finished restoring my dash frame!!! most work ive done in a long time
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

BrianShaughnessy

Got the 440 loosely dropped into Sinnamon..    cheapo ebay SS headers fit amazingly well.
   Had to grind the driver's side solid mount...  clearance issue.
      More to do another day.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Wicked72 on May 27, 2014, 06:00:27 PM
so with my sand paper :smilielol: and a bunch of other tools i repaired a huge dent in my roof along with two other small ones. then i started grinding the spot welds on my new quarter panel. and finished restoring my dash frame!!! most work ive done in a long time

Dude youre on a roll  :o

freddyd02

ODZKing

Decided to stay home and get a few things done to the Charger(s) today.  First to clean up the 67.  It sleeps at my sons garage since we don't have ours built yet. While I appreciate having a place for the winter, they also use it for their own cars (3 car garage) and it gets damp as well as cold.
So everything that was bare metal that I did not clear coat has corrosion or surface rust. Frustrating since I thought I found everything last year.
Also had a seepage around the thermostat hose.  It never did seal properly.  So, took that apart, a little RTV around the neck took care of that while I had all the Corbin clamps off. Cleaned up all the clamps and clear coat. Then as mentioned previously, my wife is a master at masking and taping things off.  Aluminum foil is wonderful under the hood for keeping things covered.  A little turquoise paint.  Touch up the pulleys and brackets with flat back. Put it all together and a bit of detailing, we're back in business.

ODZKing

Now on to the 73.  Couple of projects there.  First my horn stopped working last week.  When we purchased the car there was no horn relay so I got one, put it in and - horn works.  When it stopped, now what!!!! Well let me say as has been said many times in the past, why do people do half-assed things to cars? My wiring under the dash is a rats nest.  Little by little I have found lots of issues and this I can add to it. Splices and just a mess!
Well, Martha got under there since she was tidying up under there last, I'm guessing she moved something.  Sure enough she found this!!! :brickwall:
Great huh?  Any way, bad splice taken care of and on to the next project.

ODZKing

My window on the 73 had a chip on it when I got it, so I found a door in a local yard and brought the entire thing home.  It had already been cut up and was pretty rusted out at the bottom so I took out the window, and ALL the guts and scrapped the shell.
I took the glass to my glass guy who put it in for me but never had an opportunity to adjust it properly as he got sick (I mean hospital sick*). A good friend over the years - he actually closed the shop. *Too bad too, old time guy who knew these cars pretty well as he had a Roadrunner himself some years back and works on lots of older vehicles that no one else will touch in town.
Anyway he got it together and said bring it back in the spring and I'll adjust it properly.  Well that isn't happening and the window didn't align properly, made noise going up and down. So I sat down and read the service manual this morning and figured out what needed to be done.  One issue was the stops not adjusted - in fact one of the stops was not correct. It was a guide and it was rubbing bare metal against the window.  So much for the squeal I was hearing.  I dug through the parts-door box and  :2thumbs:  success, I had one!  I replaced it, followed the procedure in the service manual and adjusted the window and it works great.  
Just taking a break and cooling off with a cold beverage before I go back out and reinstall the door panels.
Figured I better quit while I'm ahead before I break something!!   :lol:

Pat1973charger

Started to piece together my left A piller/ hinge post.... A long way from just replacing bulbs for me lol

keith88

Good weekend for the charger new rim& tires ,and new mirrors  including the addition of the passengers side also.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.