News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

I cleaned the Challenger up for Mopars at the Junction, and since it shares the garage with the Charger I haven't done much to the Charger since most of what it needs now is messy.

On Memorial Day by dad brought over the torch and we got the other end of the Torsion bar out.  The cross member was full of packed in mud and road grime due to a failed seal/boot.  The passenger side doesn't even have a boot so unless the bar falls out on the first few whacks, the passenger side will see the torch too.

I did fit the new seals on the new bars.  I blasted them with a heat gun for a few minutes to soften them up before muscling them on.  It was a lot harder than I expected.

Finally since I had the sway bar and radiator to K frame piece out, I gave them a good cleaning, hit them with the scotch brite and then dropped a new coat of chassis black on them:

Hopefully next week I can get back to the dirty work and maybe even start reassembling the passenger side.

keith88

Had the chance to buff it out this morning:

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Lots of nice things going on with these Chargers  :drool5:

nvrbdn

good work guys!!!!!   i didnt get my car out today. raining like crazy here. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 07, 2014, 05:03:40 PM
good work guys!!!!!   i didnt get my car out today. raining like crazy here. :rotz:

Drive east a bit, super nice over here but the car's not going anywhere.   :'(
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68blue

Installed a nice chrome fire extinguisher in the trunk and did some touch up in odd areas.

69white hat

My megacab went to the shop for some work so I drove the charger everyday as my daily for two weeks. I told my friend who's my mechanic to take his time.  :D Put on a solid 2000 km. Went and picked up my sister at the airport in style. It was great days off, enjoyed going out in the morning and firing it up and hearing that 440 rumble to life. Unfortulately they decided to fix the 6 km road into where I live at the lake and My rims fill up with rocks. So I guess maybe it'll live in the garage a lot until the road gets fixed. Next Year!!  :brickwall: :flame:

D69charger

Quote from: 69white hat on June 07, 2014, 08:09:02 PM
My megacab went to the shop for some work so I drove the charger everyday as my daily for two weeks. I told my friend who's my mechanic to take his time.  :D Put on a solid 2000 km. Went and picked up my sister at the airport in style. It was great days off, enjoyed going out in the morning and firing it up and hearing that 440 rumble to life. Unfortulately they decided to fix the 6 km road into where I live at the lake and My rims fill up with rocks. So I guess maybe it'll live in the garage a lot until the road gets fixed. Next Year!!  :brickwall: :flame:

Your in alberta right?  I used to live in calgary

69white hat

Yep. Near Cold Lake. North of LLoydminster an hour. I drove the car to edmonton and back 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Amazing how many horn honks and thumbs up a guy can get when driving....

D69charger

yea I know what you mean.  It was the same way when I drove my charger down to texas when I moved from Calgary.  sometimes took a while just to get out of the gas station with people asking about the car or wanting to take pics

Paul G

Last night we went on a dinner cruise with the club. It was an hour drive up the hill for dinner and a visit with an older club member who is an amateur astronomer, or so he says. He has two observatory's and a very nice collection of Mopar's.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

A383Wing

got the complete rear window roller kit for both regulators for my 66 Charger...guess what I'm gonna be doing now?

HeavyFuel

First official car show yesterday.  

Hundreds of cars.  Two '68 Chargers.

Me and the boys.

moparsr2fast

Quote from: A383Wing on June 09, 2014, 10:24:57 PM
got the complete rear window roller kit for both regulators for my 66 Charger...guess what I'm gonna be doing now?

Hoping for a look see thru one of those observatories?   :rofl:

I got my TTI exhaust  today. 
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

Musicman

Cussing & Swearing... :smilielol:

A383Wing

Quote from: Musicman on June 11, 2014, 03:35:03 PM

Cussing & Swearing... :smilielol:

yup..you got that right....might be easier to cut off the outer quarter panel skin, replace everything inside, then weld the panel back on

comet_666

Got mine home after 8 years on Friday..

myk

Drove it out to a cruise this evening to get my daily dose of stares and "OMG it's a Charger!" reactions...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

68 RT

Just replaced ujoints and painted driveshaft. Also replaced transmission mount with a poly mount.  :cheers:

tubedriver

You guys are killing me...sitting here in China with my thumb up my butt...mine is sitting at home, just waiting...I miss my hobby, hope I don't have to sell it....had it for 32 years now.

74charger07ram

After two years of searching I found a trunck floor pan for my 74 Charger. Now the work starts. Found it at Wildcat Wrecking in Oregan.

dodgey68

We'll removed the small bock and tran, and fitted bigblock and tran, making up brackets and altering things to look a little neater
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

XH29N0G

Swapped in ET street radials 255 60R15 on 15x7 for the 275 60R15 BFG TAs on 15x8s and adjusted front ride height. 

Now I can use 1st gear  :icon_smile_big: and the rear tires don't look quite so big.

Swung by the old Erco factory building only to find it had been taken down  :'( since last fall.  They made gun turrets for airplanes there during WW II
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....