News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Recently I just installed a Detroit locker in the rear, freshened the engine up with new Rod/ main bearings, fixed my guages with a new resistor on the back of the cluster, put on a flex fan, deep sump pan on my tranny, put on a new fluid dampner. Just some odds and ends that needed fixed.  :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mally69 on July 17, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
Recently I just installed a Detroit locker in the rear, freshened the engine up with new Rod/ main bearings, fixed my guages with a new resistor on the back of the cluster, put on a flex fan, deep sump pan on my tranny, put on a new fluid dampner. Just some odds and ends that needed fixed.  :icon_smile_big:

Hey dude ,how you been>?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

Quote from: 440 on July 17, 2014, 09:33:43 AM
I've done absolutely nothing. I haven't touched the car in at least a year and a half, except maybe once to pull the car cover off.

Hey bud, I was wondering where you disappeared to.  Last I heard you got were messing with that Chevelle.  How's everything going?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I've been a bit unmotivated to work on the Charger, getting my Chevelle and F150 shipped over here has gobbled up all my cash, not to mention the dash place still has mine over a year later. They are known for being slow.

In another turn of fate the engine in my daily driver Fairlane died thus gobbling up more time and money.

I'll get back to it one day. Once my Fairlane is back on the road I can concentrate on trying to get the Charger done, provided nothing else goes wrong.

What about you? How have you been? Whats new?

Dino

Quote from: 440 on July 17, 2014, 11:40:14 PM
I've been a bit unmotivated to work on the Charger, getting my Chevelle and F150 shipped over here has gobbled up all my cash, not to mention the dash place still has mine over a year later. They are known for being slow.

In another turn of fate the engine in my daily driver Fairlane died thus gobbling up more time and money.

I'll get back to it one day. Once my Fairlane is back on the road I can concentrate on trying to get the Charger done, provided nothing else goes wrong.

What about you? How have you been? Whats new?

When cash is tight the toys have to wait, that's how it goes.  Over a year to do the dash?  Holy cow, I hope they are really really good!

Everything's fine here.  I'm usually busy with school but have some time off now.  I took the Charger off the road for some needed upgrades last August and it's almost done.  a few more days and I should be able to fire it up again.  Apart from that I just waste time hanging out here.   :icon_smile_big:

Don't be a stranger now!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JamieZ

Installed the bearings (once I figured out the races were already installed), rotors and then the caliper.  I had never done slide calipers before so that was a bit of a learning experience:

And fortunately, the new wheel did not have any clearance issues when I offered it up:

Now it's time to get the tires mounted and start pulling off the other side.  I also cleaned up the garage and put away all the tools.  Now the parts pile is looking much smaller:

nvrbdn

hooked up my oil pressure guage and temp guage. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

HeavyFuel

NeverBeDone.......those fender protectors are SWEET.   

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Laxy

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

myk

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 21, 2014, 10:01:07 PM
First time on a track.  Loved it.

AWESOME!  Personally, I wouldn't know where to go, I'd get lost on the course for sure lol...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1970Moparmann

Its very addicting!   Once you get in the car, you know where to go.   This course was small.. A buddy who does this all the time said this is the smallest course he has seen.  1st gear the whole way.

Laxy

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 22, 2014, 06:57:50 AM
Its very addicting!   Once you get in the car, you know where to go.   This course was small.. A buddy who does this all the time said this is the smallest course he has seen.  1st gear the whole way.

I thought it sounded like 1st gear only, still looks like great fun.

Here are a couple vids of a similar event I did in mine but on a longer track (posted these elsewhere before so a bit of a repost), if only mine was a 4-speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqiNxq27IyY&list=UU3_y4Vns38JDFkm3Yjr7NQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4PpkvzempI&list=UU3_y4Vns38JDFkm3Yjr7NQA
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

JamieZ

Finishing up the driver's side, I disconnected all of the hard brake lines and cleaned them out with Eastwood's Aerosol Injected Cleaner and then connected them to the new distribution block.  I was very happy all of the existing lines fit without any issues:

And while I was under the car I was looking around and discovered why the car weeps a little oil......

You don't need all the bolts holding on the pan do you?  Most of them is enough, right?

Ghoste

Most of them works for any application really.  :lol:

Ghoste

Added a passenger side mirror.

JamieZ

Went to the Canfield swap meet this weekend.  Not much in the way of mopar stuff, but I did manage to pick up a 68 Charger owner manual and a print of a 68 charger.
Mounted up a tire and put it side by side with the tires I am pulling off:

Height wise they are nearly the same, but as you can see the new ones put more meat on the road.  Hopefully that will keep them from breaking loose so easily.

Caliper clearance is minimal....

...but nothing rubs.  I might take a trip to the local pull a part and see if I can find a 5 on 4.5 15" wheel/tire to use as a spare.  If I stick with the 14s" I'll need to carry two as a 14" won't fit on the front any longer.
So now I can either play with swapping the master and adding the booster or do the other side...all depends on how dirty I want to get.

A383Wing

put a mini starter in the Daytona today...had a couple out of Dakotas I parted out...while under there, I noticed wet fluid coming out of left front brake drum....

*shit*

BrianShaughnessy

I put the gas tank in the other day...    Meanwhile while I was under a Jeep,  the hood and fenders went back on.   :icon_smile_cool:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Rolling_Thunder

I ordered an aluminum radiator to help solve the cooling issue I have with the Hemi -  Also ordered some little finishing things here and there.  Sent them back to CA - hope to get them installed and get the car wrapped up next time I'm on leave.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

keith88

Put its 1st medium distance drive on it and drove it to work yesterday ran well. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.