News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

Quote from: Ghoste on July 24, 2014, 08:37:09 AM
Most of them works for any application really.  :lol:

The oil pan bolt kit showed up.  And it turned out it was a good thing I ordered a full set.....because there were THREE bolts missing from the pan.

What the heck?  Does a small block use less bolts and a previous owner ordered the wrong kit and ran out?  Well it's fixed now.

I also hooked up the remaining 2 brake lines.  I still have to mount the booster/master but I was under the car and already dirty so why not?  And speaking of dirty, I was poking around under the car and found 2 different vacant insect nests.  One looked to be a wasp nest and was in the passenger side motor mount.  The other was in the K frame.  I also found several rocks, and a 6" stick jammed up in there.  If I have time before the weather turns I'll have to dedicate some serious hours to cleaning the underside.

will

Just pushed it back in the garage for the umpteen millionth time. So close but the weather threatens :brickwall:

6pkrtse

Nothing to mine lately or all summer for that matter. I just jump in it as often as I can & drive it & enjoy it. For those of you working on projects get them done & get them out there. There is no better feeling. For anyone locals, let me know I will come by to help on yours if you need it. I do need to give it a good rubbing out (the car that is). Got caught in the rain & then the sun came out & blistered the water spots on the paint. Stupid old lacquer paint jobs.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

JamieZ

I tried to swap in the new master cylinder/backing plate but got frustrated by the location of the nuts and the difficulty of access.  I'll probably have to pull the front seat to save my back.
So I decided to get dirty and rip apart the passenger side front suspension.  This time it went a lot faster, as I knew what I needed to do.  Unfortunately the passenger side looks to be in worse shape than the drivers.   I snapped one of the UCA bolts, it was so rusty that the cam had rusted to the shoulder.  The frame rail is missing a few chunks as well.  A previous owner just screwed pieces of sheet metal over the holes...sigh.    I won't know how bad it really is until I get it cleaned but the bottom and engine side seem solid all the way through, with the top being questionable in the UAC pocket and the front being bad from the brake union to the front of the UAC pocket.   

Now that the parts are off the car, I can start cleaning them and removing the old bushings. Then new bushings, ball joints, and paint.   I still have one tie rod end on the car (swapping it anyhow) and the steering idler arm.  Not sure if I am going to swap that or not.  Ironically, the passenger side torsion bar just wiggled right out.  No torch required this time.

fy469rtse

Jamie , pull your dash , cluster out , straight axcess to bolts
extension bars and sockets, seems like it will be a big job , but much easier in the long run , a couple of those bolts just impossible to get to unless you do it this way  :2thumbs:

myk

Had my mobile-detailing buddy give the Charger it's quarterly wax job...

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

twenty mike mike

Removed the windshield so I could remove the dash for painting. This might be the time to install a vinyl top if I can find all the trim.

Something tells me I'm not making it to any cruises this season.  ::)

nvrbdn

took it to a car cruise at dairy queen tonight. good time. a barracuda, dart, demon and a dodge truck also there so I wasn't the only mopar. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

don duick

bent ?  an inlet valve in my edelbrock head. will let you know how it happened once I pull the head. engine was only idling when it happened.   :shruggy:  :brickwall:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

don duick

:shruggy: I don't think many of us here understand French. Maybe Ghoste understood a couple of words.? good quality video

JamieZ

Managed to get all the bushing out of the control arms.  Everything it broken down now and just needs a good cleaning/repaint before putting new bushings/ball joints back in.  There were some issues with my press.  Mostly due to the fact that the ram part of it bends....very easily.  I got fed up and decided to fabricate a new one.  I ended up using the torsion bar I chopped as a new ram.  That won't bend.  I'll probably make a second one that is a bit longer from the other half of the t bar:

I also chopped out most of the rust from the passenger's side frame rail.  I've got a Safe-t-cap piece to put over it but I'll probably add some additional structure inside just to be extra safe....right now it's too depressing to look at the pictures of it

JamieZ

Last week has been spent cleaning the suspension parts.  I soaked them in Evaporust, pull them out, scrubbed them with a wire brush, and put them back in for another soak.  Repeat repeat repeat.

This is what they started as:

And here they are now:

A few of the more stubborn spots I'll hit with a wire wheel and then scotch brite followed by some chassis black paint.

myk

That's some elbow grease right there-they look like totally different parts. 

Oh btw hurry up with your car so you can do my headlamp motor conversion lol... :smilielol:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

keith88

Installed my B&M hammer shifter,(not easy)  hellwig spring helpers (good for 3" over stock spring height) and new moog idler arm steering much better.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Ghoste

Quote from: don duick on August 10, 2014, 04:41:48 AM
 :shruggy: I don't think many of us here understand French. Maybe Ghoste understood a couple of words.? good quality video

Loved the video but Ghoste's French is severely lacking.  I once lived with a French girl and got to where I knew what the general conversation was but that was a looong time ago.  I'm sure there are other Canadian members here who can do it.

JamieZ

Hit the suspension pieces with some chassis black.

Added some metal back into the frame rail, I'll be putting a safe-t-cap piece over it once I get it fitted.

I had to pull the K frame bolt out, as the cap fits around it.  You can see how much of the bolt was eaten by the metal worm:

A383Wing

in the process of doing brakes on the Daytona...on jack stands, on the ground, in this heat.....needless to say, it's not getting done very fast

A383Wing

fronts done, took it out for drive....drifts to right when brakes applied, looks like I got to replace left rear wheel cylinder now.....

<shit>

Lord Warlock

Installed the rear seat after having the headliner redone, rehung the rear divider before putting up the back of the rear seat, also bent a piece of sheetmetal to fit over the hole i cut in the rear valence where a dent was, welded on the newly bent piece, ground the welds semi flat, then bondo'd over the sheetmetal with a skim coat of bondo.  Tomorrow I'll sand it down again, and attempt to grind the edge of the panel and corner line as I kind of filled in that joint with bondo.  It was the final piece of bodywork necessary to finish the paint job (couldn't paint the bottom edge of rear fender where some runs had formed, and can't reinstall the RT stripe until i fix that part.  One step closer to that part being finished. 

Pretty soon I'll have nothing to fix except the dashpad, gauges and starting it up again.  The gauges should still work, as they did before i started all the work I did this year, Fuel pump worked too, but haven't tested the new fuel lines and gas tank with fuel yet.   
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

jwilk01

I have neglected the old fella for a few years now.  But now he is back and badder than ever. 

Added rear sway bar (if you haven't put one on you should huge difference)
Added subframe connectors
Replaced rear seat with one out of a 2010 Charger fits perfect
changed rear end gear lube
changed oil

and I have hit about 6 shows in the last few weeks and have brought home 5 trophies.  Its been a blast this year I've really missed doing this the past couple years.

Later
Josh

Bob T

Nice GL Josh  :cheers:

Polished mine and took it to work for Casual Car Friday, not that anybody else really brought theirs. It appeared to be the only Black 68 R/T on base.
Then took it to a bbq last night and it rained , but big deal, the Speedo just ticked over 9000 miles that I've done in it since I got it road legal
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

I fixed a leaky thermostat housing today but I didn't take photos of the mess it made underhood before I caught it.

toocheaptosmoke

Almost tagged a deer on the way to work yesterday.  Might need a GL push bar up front for when the rut kicks in!  :o