News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Quote from: cdr on September 12, 2015, 10:30:24 AM
not using a relay can overload the factory wiring & ign switch, also, no other loads on that circuit keeps voltage consistent.   

Ah you're right.  You'd think I woulda learned that from my headlight relay upgrade days.  In any case, I hope there isn't some other reason for these pump failures.  That Holley Red ain't cheap...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

like i said , make sure the fuel is circulating  back to the tank through the 1/4" return line.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

-Fit the patch panel under the battery tray, ready to weld in place
-Cleaned and stripped the hood hinges, battery tray and straps, alternator and a/c compressor brackets, and pulleys
-Removed paint and rust from the underside of the hood.  Found two tiny, tiny pinholes under the front lip of the hood.  I'll be able to put a weld on there with the mig set to "delicate" but I'm not sure I have the means to grind it down so I'll have to be careful.  I hate to go buy a die grinder with rolocs but then again it may come in handy to grind the welds on the patch panel under the battery.  Where's those HF coupons...

-Received the Firm Feel K member reinforcement kit and the LCA reinforcement kit.  I'll have a rented mig with 75/25 CO2/Argon next weekend so all welding will be done at that time.  I still have to figure out the purpose of a few drilled holes in the engine bay.  I'd like to weld shut what I don't need.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69wannabe

I jacked up the rear end and pulled both wheel's and brake drum's off to check the brakes. The shoes look great and dry too for a change, my driver side shoes would always get a little bit wet from gear oil. I have replaced the inner and outer axle seals and bearing and it would still just slightly wet my shoes after driving it. I finally pulled the vent and found that the vent just barely had a hole that I could see through so I ran a drill bit through it and either made the hole a little bigger or cleaned it out good and put a new pair of shoes on that side again and it hasn't got any gear oil on them since!!!! ;D  After that I went for a drive through town and rode around a little while!!

myk

Quote from: cdr on September 12, 2015, 11:01:00 AM
like i said , make sure the fuel is circulating  back to the tank through the 1/4" return line.

Would it be constantly flowing?  Or would it be a trickle? 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

Quote from: myk on September 19, 2015, 08:33:47 AM
Quote from: cdr on September 12, 2015, 11:01:00 AM

Would it be constantly flowing?  Or would it be a trickle? 

it should be a good flow.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

cdr

drove out to the Hemi Hideout today for lunch, what an awesome place!!!

69wannabe

CDR your charger look's like a monster ready to devour it's prey!!!!!!! It is an awesome looking machine!!!  :yesnod:

keith88

Won my 1st trophy at my 1st show that i took it to, been trying to win at this show for 25 years....  just not with this car. Makes it even more special.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Dino

cazz

lloyd3

Drove it to Cabela's for some ammo and a replacement camo hat.  Perfect weather and uncrowded roads (it was a Tuesday morning, yesterday).

69bronzeT5

Quote from: lloyd3 on September 23, 2015, 07:57:40 PM
Drove it to Cabela's for some ammo and a replacement camo hat.  Perfect weather and uncrowded roads (it was a Tuesday morning, yesterday).

Beautiful '68! I really like your house! Have a real soft spot for timber/log homes! :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

lloyd3

Thank you 69BronzeT5.  It's Cedar. The local woodpeckers (flickers and nuthatches) like it to. So do the squirrels and the occasional raccoon. Then there's the mule-deer(s) that I have to shoo out of the way to get down the driveway some mornings.  Reminds me of the old TV show "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom".  All I need is Marlin Perkins narrating the adventures.

303 Mopar

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 23, 2015, 08:15:46 PM
Quote from: lloyd3 on September 23, 2015, 07:57:40 PM

Beautiful '68! I really like your house! Have a real soft spot for timber/log homes! :cheers:

It looks even better in person!   :cheers:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Alan73Charger

Lower radiator hose
Battery, battery tray, and hold down
Plugs
Temp sensor
Ballist resistor
Starter relay
EGR valve
Negative cable
Nice new floor mats
Throttle springs
Throttle spring bracket
Coil
Voltage regulator
Ground strap

Done for a while... a few days anyway.  Still need to tackle seat belts and some sound!!
Wife said spend more time with me and less time with that Mopar.
I actually love being single!

WHITE AND RED 69

Filled in the gap between the radiator and grill housing with a cover I made. Needs some more tweaking on it but it is getting there.

Also been playing around with a new spoiler.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 26, 2015, 10:47:46 PM
Filled in the gap between the radiator and grill housing with a cover I made. Needs some more tweaking on it but it is getting there.

AWESOME job on the filler!!!
Pat

Dino

Quote from: keepat on September 27, 2015, 03:49:12 AM

Pat

I second that!  When is it going into production so we can buy one?   :icon_smile_big:

That spoiler looks very promising as well.   :yesnod:

Ghoste

Mostly all I have been doing to mine is trying to put miles on it before it snows.  :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Paul G

I am dialing in two different carbs, both Holleys, one for economy, one for power.   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ghoste

myk

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2015, 06:19:42 AM
Quote from: keepat on September 27, 2015, 03:49:12 AM

Pat

I second that!  When is it going into production so we can buy one?   :icon_smile_big:

That spoiler looks very promising as well.   :yesnod:

I would totally buy one of those...

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2015, 09:18:06 AM
Hey!  It's too early for the S word!   :eek2:

Meanwhile, I went to a parts store looking for a fan clutch and of course none of them fit?   Looking at some of the threads here it looks like a common problem but why?  Makes no sense to me, but the Hayden clutch will be here soon so.....
Well you're in the middle of a nut and bolt, rotisserie restoration on your car anyway.   :nana:

Dino

There's only one nut here and it's me!  Why am I doing this again?   :lol:

Tomorrow everything should be in white paint, then it can get cold and start snowing but I need heat just a little while longer.   :icon_smile_big: