News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

twenty mike mike

It's been over a year since I painted the firewall, and I finally removed the three layers of paint and refinished the lower cowl.  :rotz:

67440chrg

BLK 68 R/T

I finally got my push-rods ordered and bought my engine paint, reducer and hardener. Hopefully going to put the heads on for the last time next weekend and get it painted.

71charger_fan

Engine/trans are back in mine.

rt green

not a dam thing. broke as hell. and yes, I'm pissed about it.
third string oil changer

don duick

installed hooker competition headers in my 70 charger with 440. bad fit, my old headmans are better.  :RantExplode: :brickwall: :flame:

myk

Doug's or TTi's, brother.  I've seen gloves go on with more difficulty than those headers...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

71charger_fan

Schumacher headers fit like tubular exhaust manifolds. I love mine.

don duick

they look like a nice fit. never seen them before.

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

JR

Took my 70 to its first autoX on a soaking wet course to get an idea what suspension stuff needs to be upgraded.

Turns out, everything. What an awful handling car. No front end grip at all. (Which is amazing to me for something with probably 60/40 weight distribution). Massive body roll and slow steering ratio made it a handful. Even with the R/T springs and front swaybar. First time I've ever gotten motion sickness as the driver. :lol:

Pictures turned out epic though. I'll post them when the photographer puts them online.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

mpd659

Cut off the passenger side rocker panel and getting ready to install a new rocker panel. Lots of work!!!!!!!!

Russ :eek2:

Lord Warlock

changed the alternator to a 1 wire tuff stuff.  replaced main engine harness, managed to short that one out, hacked into it and used remnants to patch the original harness I kept for emergencies, and got it installed this week.  Spent today adjusting hood so it closes properly-still needs tweaking.  Also spent a couple hours repositioning the fuel filler tube, it was leaking fuel from the tank seal. May have to lower the tank a little, it may be over tightened and too high. 

Waiting for the concrete people to finish work on the driveways so  I can drive this car out soon. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Zeeman

Front left chassis rail on my '68 was corroded through with mouse piss. Decided if I was repairing it, might as well fit subframe connectors & torque boxes while I had it up.. and fitted sound deadening material inside as well.

GOTWING

Lately I have still been waiting on my rear valance pan with exhaust cutouts from AMD that's been paid in full for 5 months. They tell me it's on backorder and they do not have an ETA. Wait what, how can the company that has these made and sells the product not have an ETA?  :brickwall:

BrianShaughnessy

Things are gonna start happening to Sinnamon very soon...
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Dino

Nice progress fellas!  Comet that interior looks stunning! 
Can't wait to see more of Sinnamon, looks like it's booth ready.   :2thumbs:

I haven't done all that much lately.  I cleaned up the engine, although it's not finished yet, so it'll be paint ready once the new cam is in.

The engine bay had a few more parts added and I started reinstalling some wiring as well.  I had a short not long before I started this project so several wires need replacing, I just don't feel like doing it.  A few suspension parts were e-coated as well.  See: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,119789.msg1500549/topicseen.html#msg1500549

I'll get my behind in gear soon and get some more done.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

The grille frame was stripped an painted as well and I changed the wiring to run dual low beams.  The frame has 4 identical lights in it now, but I don't have pictures of it.

myk

Haven't done much?  Dude that's what I call progress Dirk. 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

I'll rephrase that: I haven't done much in the last few weeks.   :icon_smile_big: 
The engine bay shots were taken 3 weeks ago, the grille was finished about 4 weeks ago.

I'm doing some projects around the house.  A few more weeks away from the Charger and I'll be burning to get to it again.   :yesnod:

NHCharger

Finally started working on the latest money pit.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nvrbdn

took it for a drive. but didn't make it back home. :brickwall: lost all power. found that the bulkhead connector was failing. towed it home and found this to be the main hot wire connector. all fixed now. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bobs69

Dino what is that black cylinder that looks like the size of a propane tank?