News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

installed the plastic shields that go between the K frame mounting, it made the engine temp 5 degrees cooler while driving, also went drag racing last weekend & to a car show this week.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

JR

Dude, your car is so sinister looking, its awesome.

Im going to guess people automatically move over to the right lane when you get behind them on the highway.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

garner7555

Quote from: JR on October 15, 2016, 09:33:17 PM

Im going to guess people automatically move over to the right lane when you get behind them on the highway.

They should move over!  From what I read that thing does more than just look sinister!   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

cdr

Quote from: garner7555 on October 16, 2016, 05:46:19 AM
Quote from: JR on October 15, 2016, 09:33:17 PM

They should move over!  From what I read that thing does more than just look sinister!   :2thumbs:

Thanks Guys !!!!!

twenty mike mike

Assembled the new grille that has been sitting in a box for months. Not perfect, but a reasonable facsimile. 

twenty mike mike

Getting ready to go to paint.

twenty mike mike

Gassing out.

twenty mike mike

After cut and buff and reassembly.

All the prep and paint credit goes to Drifters Garage in Escondido, CA.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: twenty mike mike on October 20, 2016, 10:12:00 PM

Very nice. :coolgleamA:

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

charger chris

Bought more parts for my charger. Getting ready to start on my car.  An as soon as I get my tax check I am ordering all the metal I need for the charger. :2thumbs:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

VegasCharger

Quote from: charger chris on October 21, 2016, 07:42:24 AM
Bought more parts for my charger. Getting ready to start on my car.  An as soon as I get my tax check I am ordering all the metal I need for the charger. :2thumbs:

:cheers:

garner7555

Quote from: charger chris on October 21, 2016, 07:42:24 AM

When I do my taxes they take away most of my saved up toy money...    :rotz:    :eek2:  :flame:  :RantExplode:   :brickwall:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

sanders7981

Ran fuel lines, installed new spectra tank and sending unit.

Found some rust bubbles forming.  :icon_smile_angry:  now I'll have to strip it down, prime and paint again. 

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

UFO

It's finally earning it's spot in the garage.  :lol:

Laowho

Absolutely beautiful Mike Mike.

Man Sanders. What a suck. Glad I'm startin small. Today we ordered front bucket skins, carpet, rear window trim, matching vinyl paint, high density foam, latex, and upholstery supplies (including some coil springs to support original sinuous springs).

JR

In a continuing effort to reduce underhood temps, and take weight off the nose for better handling, I installed a throttle body spacer from cool carb technologies, and added some ceramic coated Hedman shorty headers.

I won't be able to drive it until next week, but just idling until warm-up I recorded 200 degree cooler temps than the old HP manifolds ran at. Those thick cast iron manifolds just radiated so much heat.

I can't wait to drive it and see what difference it makes.

Oh and according to my bathroom scale, the HP manifolds weigh 32lbs. The shorty headers weigh 17.

So between the Denso alternator,  aluminum intake, relocated battery, and headers, I should be close to 100lbs off the nose by now. I hope, anyway.

I still need to clean up some of the wiring once everything is sorted, excuse the mess.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: twenty mike mike on October 20, 2016, 10:12:00 PM

Looks really nice.

If I had to guess I' say you're a current or former Marine.   :cheers:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Dans 68

The '73 had issues with the power windows working - I traced the problem back to the relay. I got one of Bryan's Bosch relay upgrades (http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109464.msg1342580.html#msg1342580) and installed it today. Problem fixed!  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

A383Wing

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 27, 2016, 12:44:07 AM
The '73 had issues with the power windows working - I traced the problem back to the relay. I got one of Bryan's Bosch relay upgrades (http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109464.msg1342580.html#msg1342580) and installed it today. Problem fixed!  ;)

Dan

Glad to have helped you out, Dan....thanks

Bryan

ACUDANUT

Quote from: JR on October 26, 2016, 11:57:25 AM
In a continuing effort to reduce underhood temps, and take weight off the nose for better handling, I installed a throttle body spacer from cool carb technologies, and added some ceramic coated Hedman shorty headers.

I won't be able to drive it until next week, but just idling until warm-up I recorded 200 degree cooler temps than the old HP manifolds ran at. Those thick cast iron manifolds just radiated so much heat.

I can't wait to drive it and see what difference it makes.

Oh and according to my bathroom scale, the HP manifolds weigh 32lbs. The shorty headers weigh 17.

So between the Denso alternator,  aluminum intake, relocated battery, and headers, I should be close to 100lbs off the nose by now. I hope, anyway.

I still need to clean up some of the wiring once everything is sorted, excuse the mess.

Hmmmm  :scratchchin:

JR

Acudanut, I wasn't referring to coolant temp.

The 200 degrees refers to the surface temp of the manifolds themselves. The cast iron manifolds run at 500 degrees or so by the heads.

The ceramic coated header tubes run at 220-240 degrees by the header collector.

Also, I'm pleased to say the headers are working great. With 73 degree air temperature outside, the temp underhood at the air intake measured 110 degrees at 80 mph. With the old cast iron manifolds and the battery underhood, the old setup ran at 140 degrees at 80 mph.

So I'm calling it a success.

ACUDANUT