News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger cluster

Started by charger01, February 04, 2006, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I have a 69 charger and have two clusters.  I have the original one and one from a 70 model.  Besides the headlight switch , and a flasher swithc is there a difference.  On my 69, there are 2 out of 5 pins that appear broken off.  Is it easy or possible to swap them from the 70 cluster?  They both appear to be in good shape except for the missing pins.What would be the best remedy for my problem. 
thanks in advance

Just 6T9 CHGR

The PC board is a direct swap.  Just take out all the gauges and unscrew the board from the housing
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger01

Can it be removed from the back or do I need to dissasemble the entire unit to swap out the circuit boards?  I will have no idea what Iam doing, so is it just unbolt and bolt back in?

8WHEELER

Yes you can change the board in the car, its a tight fit up there and hard to see very well but it can be done.
Be very very carefull when putting in the good board, those pins can get bent and loose easy.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The entire cluster needs to be disasembled.   Remove the lense, all 4 gauges then the board can be removed from the metal housing.

I dont think you can do this in the car.......the cluster needs to be removed from the dash if you ahvent done this already
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger01

I removed the 8 nuts holding the guages in from the back and the 3 holding the circuit board down and it pulled right off and swapped it.  Is this correct.  I didnt need to dissasemble the front, or if I did I didnt.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I guess not, because you didnt.   I'm assuming the plastic lense retained the gauges enough for them not to fall through the holes to make the swap......good deal!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

472 R/T SE

What I do is get the proper diameter brass rod.  Cut it to the length of the pins and braze whatever pins are missing.  Works like a charm.  :thumbs: