News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have an F8 car with a tail stripe decal????

Started by Mfr426, May 17, 2006, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey All, I'm having fun with my car on the road and was thinking how nice it would look with a tail stripe (like an RT). My car is F8 (Dark Green Metallic). I was trying to picture what my car would look like with a black stripe.

Anyone have one or have a pic of one?

Thanks all for any help. BTW, my car is a 383 car NON-Numbers matching so I'm OK with personalizing the thing.

Mike R in Reading PA

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

limey

That Matte black looks great on the Dark Green....
Just a quick question... could you order the bumblebee stripe on the regular chargers? I know it was standard with tht R/T,  but was it an extra cost option on the standard models?
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Mfr426 on May 17, 2006, 07:11:58 AM
Hey All, I'm having fun with my car on the road and was thinking how nice it would look with a tail stripe (like an RT). My car is F8 (Dark Green Metallic). I was trying to picture what my car would look like with a black stripe.

Anyone have one or have a pic of one?

Thanks all for any help. BTW, my car is a 383 car NON-Numbers matching so I'm OK with personalizing the thing.

Mike R in Reading PA

Hi Mike. Have you considered a white stripe, like Steve has on his 68 R/T and how my Charger is going to end up with? I know our Charger's are not green, but I feel like the black gets lost with the black vinyl tops. On the highway you practically have to be right on top to see the stripe. The white stands out as if a warning to all other vehicles as saying "watch-out high performance ahead" :icon_smile_cool:  When the idea of putting a white stripe on a black vinyl top Charger was brought up to me, my response was "are you nuts?" that was before I saw it in person and in the track!! that's my taste ofcourse, either way it would look pretty cool! :thumbs:

I sent Steve some progress photo's this AM. Later, Mike.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Mfr426

Hey Thunder, that's a great shot! I agree that the black can get lost and would actually like to see a white stripe. That might really "POP" even more so than the black.

Limey, I have no idea if that was an option. I know I've seen them without the R/T badge listed but I cant remember if that was a 68 or a 69? Perhaps you could with 68 but not 69? If anyone knows that would be great to know. I want it to look like it could have it even though it was not an RT car.

Anyone have a green car with the white?

Mike R

limey

Quote from: Mfr426 on May 17, 2006, 02:55:04 PM
I want it to look like it could have it even though it was not an RT car.

Yeah, I quite like the idea of the '68 twin stripe on my Red Charger, but like you, don't want to dress it up like something its not...A bit like putting a hemi badge on the front fender.....
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Mfr426

agreed.

I'll be interested to see if we could have ordered that. I think Chris might have a list of possible options on his site. I'll check it out...

Mfr426

Well, if I am reading this correct on Chris's 69 site the stripe was NOT an option for non RT cars???   :rotz:

http://richmondcountymopars.tripod.com/1969chargerregistry/id19.html

Anyone agree/disagree?

Mike

694spdRT

The stripe was only available on the R/T models. 1968 had the double stripe w/o the R/T lettering, 1969 had the stripe with the R/T lettering, and 1970 had a solid stripe w/o the R/T lettering.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mfr426

great.............so much for a "correct" stripe...

:-\

Just 6T9 CHGR

Most 69 owners that do not have an R/T car opt for the 70 style stripe because it is non descript.

Heres a wrench to throw into the works......if you really want to personalize the car a bit how about going with a Ledger Green colored stripe.  This was an optional color stripe in 70.  This will throw people for a loop when they see it ant looks killer on F8

Check this 70 out.....
Im fairly sure Performance Car Graphics repro's this color now

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/87358/

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

NICE look! I'll check out David's site and see what he has to offer. I just think the tail end of my car could really use something.

Thanks guys!

Mike R

Just 6T9 CHGR

Prolly wouldnt have it on the site.  Best to call him.

Hope to see ya at Carlisle?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Yep, I'll be a ACN. My buddy with his 68 RT and I will be heading West for the show. Not sure about showing, fun field, etc. I've never actually had a car to go there in so I could use some direction (with getting it in the show or not).

My car is not 100% correct but very nice. Any comments on where this would "Fit" in?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mfr426 on May 19, 2006, 10:41:08 AM
Yep, I'll be a ACN. My buddy with his 68 RT and I will be heading West for the show. Not sure about showing, fun field, etc. I've never actually had a car to go there in so I could use some direction (with getting it in the show or not).

My car is not 100% correct but very nice. Any comments on where this would "Fit" in?

At Carlisle there are no "classes" per say.  (stock or not stock)  It is all peer voting, no judging (unless you go into the OE gold judging category)

There are catagories though.   They actually have a 69 Charger only catagory.   
Last year I won second place in this catagory. There were over 25 69 Chargers in all flavors..... I was pretty happy with that being my first time out.
I lost to a beautiful 3x black RT/SE with red stripe....beautiful car.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Nice Chris! Great shot!!! I'd be totally pumped with that performance for your first year out.

Is that different from the fun field then????

I'm inclined to give it a shot this year then. Is it too late to register?

Great shot man...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope that is the fun field.  It is peer judged.  You can only vote for cars in your category.....I couldnt vote for E or C bodies...just B bodies.

I believe you  can register the day of the show as well.  I think the voting is on Saturday & on Sunday they give out the awards.

I had a blast & I'm sure I will again this year!

PS---if I didnt thank you last year for voting for my car, I am now :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 19, 2006, 01:34:33 PM
Quote from: Mfr426 on May 19, 2006, 10:41:08 AM

At Carlisle there are no "classes" per say.  (stock or not stock)  It is all peer voting, no judging (unless you go into the OE gold judging category)

There are catagories though.   They actually have a 69 Charger only catagory.   
Last year I won second place in this catagory. There were over 25 69 Chargers in all flavors..... I was pretty happy with that being my first time out.
I lost to a beautiful 3x black RT/SE with red stripe....beautiful car.

I didnt know you were and old lady with huge pipes!??   :icon_smile_big:  Guess i should have figured it out, your name is Chris right?   :icon_smile_big:  or is it Kris :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mfr426

Unless Chris has a burnt orange interior I think that's him IN the car...

:icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

I thought that was a shag carpet orange seat cover  :icon_smile_big: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Umm yes Im in the car Paul.....the lady is my mother.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Smoke20

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 17, 2006, 04:59:06 PM
Most 69 owners that do not have an R/T car opt for the 70 style stripe because it is non descript.

Heres a wrench to throw into the works......if you really want to personalize the car a bit how about going with a Ledger Green colored stripe.  This was an optional color stripe in 70.  This will throw people for a loop when they see it ant looks killer on F8

Check this 70 out.....
Im fairly sure Performance Car Graphics repro's this color now

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/87358/

That stripe looks nice.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded