News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG Classic Armrest Base

Started by 36 Dodge Brothers, August 29, 2012, 11:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

36 Dodge Brothers

So I am in the middle of ordering my armrest bases and I found that PG Classic has two different sizes for the front. The first one is part# 112 it is 13" and its for 66-70 Charger, the second one is part# 111 it is 16 1/4" and it is also listed for a 66-70 Charger! So it started to wonder why they would have two different size front armrest bases for 66-70 Chargers. All the 2nd gen Chargers that I have seen all have the longer bases for the front, does anyone know why they have a shorter one?

Thanks,
Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Ghoste

Because they don't deal primarily in Mopars, they jumped on the bandwagon and know that the short, while incorrect will still fit so they can broaden their sales base.

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: Ghoste on August 29, 2012, 11:41:27 AM
Because they don't deal primarily in Mopars, they jumped on the bandwagon and know that the short, while incorrect will still fit so they can broaden their sales base.

Thanks Ghoste! I think that they should list the short one as a non OEM size otherwise you start to question if this was a option that Dodge offered.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Ghoste

I don't think they care.  It fits and they are out to sell parts-period!  They don't describe it as oem certified proper, just that the part fits that application.  Its sad really and one more reason to deal with the places that specialize in Mopars even if they have to charge a little more because they aren't a big warehouse.

randy73

That is why I like Legendary and they stand behind their product.

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: randy73 on August 29, 2012, 01:48:08 PM
That is why I like Legendary and they stand behind their product.

I also like Legendary though they made a mistake with my order that caused a two week delay due to them not trusting me. Let me explain, I called them to tell them that they sent 4 front seat covers and did not send the rear bench cover so I asked them to send me the rear bench cover immediately but they would not until they receive two front seat covers! I explained to them that this was a mistake that they made not me so I asked again could they please send the bench cover immediately I was told NO!!!! I was pretty upset by now  :flame: so I told her that I should keep the extra front covers and sell them or keep them as extras, the front covers are more expensive than the rear, She replied by saying we would appreciate it if you would not do that so I told her that I would appreciate it if she would send me my rear bench cover immediately, the answer was NO!!! This whole fiasco caused me to miss a cruise last weekend :'(

That being said I did not know that they carried the armrest base I should check them out but make sure this time that they don't send me 4 of the same product.

Thanks,
Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Dans 68

So, Marco, how much do you want for the front seat covers?  :scratchchin:   :rofl:   I put a hole in the side of my drivers seat cover by trying to sit down with a screwdriver in my back pocket a few years ago.  :brickwall:  I'm sure not the first to have done that.  ;)

See ya soon. Get those marked-up yard photos to me when you can.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 30, 2012, 10:59:04 AM
So, Marco, how much do you want for the front seat covers?  :scratchchin:   :rofl:   I put a hole in the side of my drivers seat cover by trying to sit down with a screwdriver in my back pocket a few years ago.  :brickwall:  I'm sure not the first to have done that.  ;)

See ya soon. Get those marked-up yard photos to me when you can.

Dan

I am a honest man  :angel: "sometimes" :naughty:, the seat covers are in Legendary's possesion now. As for the pics of the backyard I will send them to you on Monday if not sooner.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: doctor4766 on August 30, 2012, 06:14:15 PM
How does the price compare to these ones from B/E&A?

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=26

Front and rear armrest base from B/E & A $170 from PG Classic $90. After looking at the descriptions from a few sites they all seem to be the same exact part except for the high prices in the US. That being said I ordered them from PG Classic even though shipping from Canada was $23 it was still much cheaper. I believe that PG Classic makes them & sells them to the other suppliers but the other suppliers chose to mark them up anyware from a 20% - 90%.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Dans 68

Marco,

As I understand it the PG Classic parts are the BE&A parts but without the Mopar licensing part numbers; thus they cost a lot less. Do a search on this topic for more information.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 30, 2012, 11:12:11 PM
Marco,

As I understand it the PG Classic parts are the BE&A parts but without the Mopar licensing part numbers; thus they cost a lot less. Do a search on this topic for more information.  ;)

Dan

So Dan, if B/E & A charges $170 for a non licensed part what is a Mopar licensed part going to cost me? Another thing who is going to know the difference unless you remove the base to look for the Mopar licensed part numbers ? I understand and love to keep as many original parts on my car but if they are not the original part that my car was built with it doesn't matter much to me as long as they looks the same. I will keep the original bases and maybe one day have them restored then I can say they are the originals. I did do a search on the topic for armrest base and did not find much, maybe I am blind but it's too late now I will have the PG Classic bases within 10 days & showing off my new carpet, Legendary seat covers & new armrest bases at our annual picnic next month. :rofl:

Regards,
Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Dans 68

For the part number and the pentastar logo a lot more.  :yesnod:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36235.msg397718.html#msg397718

I'm looking forward to the picnic...maybe you'll let me take your baby for a spin? Or the Charger if your missus stays home....  :slap:   ;)

Dan (I'm so ashamed)

Ghoste

As I understand it, the 170 BEA part IS the licensed one with the logo and part number and the PG one for 90 looks exactly ylike the BEA one except it doesnt have the logo and number.  So a licensed one is costing you 80 dollars more.