News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

recipe wanted

Started by rt green, August 25, 2012, 09:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

does anyone have a recipe for a real good fettuccine and chicken ? if i go to classy restaurants i can sometimes get some worth eating, but at home so far no dice. the jar stuff is worthless.  anyone?
third string oil changer

b5blue

Try a site known as "Cooks Country" they have great recipes with detailed directions explaining why they do it the way they do. I tried making there "Best fried Chicken" and wow was I impressed! (I stink at fancy cooking!)  :2thumbs: They are on PBS several times a week. 

rt green

thanks. i'll see what i can find.
third string oil changer

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

rt green

third string oil changer

mrsskip68

Quote from: b5blue on August 25, 2012, 10:35:00 AM
Try a site known as "Cooks Country" they have great recipes with detailed directions explaining why they do it the way they do. I tried making there "Best fried Chicken" and wow was I impressed! (I stink at fancy cooking!)  :2thumbs: They are on PBS several times a week. 

They used to be called americas test kitchen , but changed the name. I love show show,and i get their magazine too!!! AWESOME!!! (In my area, its on weekends in the am before 10 i think.)
Lisa

71ChallengeHer

Cajun Chicken Alfredo

.Prep Time:30 minInactive Prep Time:-- Cook Time:20 minLevel:
IntermediateServes:
4 servings.Ingredients
4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup blackening spice (recommended: Paul Prudhomme's Chicken) and some italian seasonings
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes or fresh diced tomatoes for a garnish, which I like better
1/4 cup white wine or replace with chicken broth , tastes just as good
3 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound cooked fettuccine
1/2 cup sliced scallions
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice and place in a cast iron skillet over very high heat. Blacken both sides of the chicken and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Slice in strips on the bias and set aside.

In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken slices. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer, and reduce the cream sauce by half.

When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, and pasta.

Nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.