News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Done with six pack

Started by charger1972, August 29, 2012, 10:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

And you should be able to get it tweaked before the snow flies.  It might be getting cool but its still only September.  :lol:

charger1972

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 17, 2012, 04:19:44 PM
Quote from: charger1972 on September 15, 2012, 10:37:21 PM
Got my proform carb the other day in the mail.Came home from work and went straight to garage to install it.About 11:30 at night i took off for a test drive(my neighbors must love me)and what a difference!That's a great carb ,very responsive.Was a used one off eBay,but only a month old.Took the bowls off before i put it on to see what jets were in there...74 primary 84 secondary.Does that seem a little to much?I'm not sure ,it definitely runs strong.Thanks for all the advice and for any further advice,starting to cool down here in NY so not sure how much more tweeking i can get in before the snow comes.    :2thumbs:

You should install the Holley throttle adapter (pn 20-7) to get the right throttle ratio....it'll run even better than it does now !  ;)

I knew you'd like that carb !  :icon_smile_big:

Have  a look at the plugs to see if it's running rich  :scope:

Ron
I have never seen one of those 20-7,i just looked it up.Pretty cool,i usually just weld something together to make it work.But i don't think its opening full throttle so that should help.Ill order one when i order a new air cleaner. :cheers:

Cooter

Let us know when you get that thing lined out, as there are a few looking at the Pro Form carbs hard. Guesswork/hearsay is great, but nothing beats real world tuning results.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

FLG

Quote from: Cooter on September 17, 2012, 08:56:22 PM
Let us know when you get that thing lined out, as there are a few looking at the Pro Form carbs hard. Guesswork/hearsay is great, but nothing beats real world tuning results.

Plenty of real world results, me and Ron right off hand....i know theres a bunch of other members too.