News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

odometer does not work but speedo does?

Started by ChargerST, September 03, 2012, 05:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

My speedometer started acting weir last fall - it was bouncing up and down, then it would work again, and sometimes the needle would vibrate. odometer worked most of the times but when the needle was bouncing it stopped.

speedo started to work again (sometimes it seems there is a slight vibration to the needle) and the bouncing never occured again but the odometer now totally stopped working. I thought those are interconnected? What could be the culprit?

speedo cable is burned from the headers but it used to be the same when everything was still working. So is this more likely a speedometer head issue?

resq302

There are tiny plastic gears that turn the odometer.  That could have broken or be bound up and jumping. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

Yep, might be time to take the speedo head out and have a look at it if you want them both to work.

John_Kunkel

If the odometer stopped working the speedo head needs repair.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ChargerST

Thanks, I was afraid that I need to take out the cluster once more. The whole thing started about 2 weeks after I had redone my whole cluster...