News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Disc Conversion kit - Has Anyone Used This Kit??

Started by NHCharger, September 24, 2012, 08:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

lasvegas69charg

That is the exact same kit I bought for my 69 charger but I bought it from the right stuff detailing... http://www.getdiscbrakes.com/  I ended upgrading to slotted/cross drill rotors and epoxy coat calipers.  The install was really easy but I dont know how they perform because I still have no engine.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Finn

If thats the same kit as The Right Stuff detailing (which it looks like it is) its alright but you get what you pay for. Easy install, yes, but mine for one leaks everywhere. I used line wrenches, replaced all the copper washers, made sure all my connections were clean and tight...still leaks a bit. I run DOT 5, which Ive read might be cause of it since the connections can't rust just enough to stop leaking.  That has been pretty annoying. As for stopping power, originally it seem to be good. However, my booster (the hemi style one) stopped working out of the blue one day. They replaced it free of charge but it has not been the same since. It'll stop, but not its not where it should be for having power disc brakes on all four corners. Im still working on the cause of this, not sure if its my end or theirs, or combination of the two. I do have to say that the customer support has been great from The Right Stuff Detailing. They have sent me numerous items free of charge to help get the problems I have been having taken care of, but since you're buying from ebay... :shruggy:
Sorry for the rant, just wanted to chime in.  :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

twodko

I have used a kit from MasterPower Brake and it was great, I'll buy another for my 69.........someday.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel