News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

k member

Started by charger01, February 06, 2006, 09:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I have a spare k member sitting in my garage that I believe came from a 70 charger bigblock car.  Is there any identification numbers to reference on it, or anyway to tell for sure?

John_Kunkel

Look for a "coin" welded somewhere on the k-member, if there is one it will have the last two digits of the part number.

If no coin is found you can find some ID info on the Schumacher site, scroll down on the left column:

http://www.engine-swaps.com/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69fuchs

The 1970 b body K frame is a one year only part.  It has a provision for the sway bar to pass through the center, 69 and older did not have this provision.  The b body k frame will have a "dent" on the face of the steering gear mounting plate.

If the K frame has a smooth face on the steering mount (no dent) it is an E body K frame which is the same as the 71-72 b body k frame.

Post a pic of the steering mount, and the bottom of the K, and I can tell you for certain which K you have.

charger01

Thanks , I will check it out and post pics as soon as I can,

charger01

The sway bar passes through a skid plate, I havent found a coin on it yet.  Where would it be located?

charger01

Ok, found the coin, it has a 79 stamped on it. what does that mean, anyone know?

John_Kunkel

A coin stamped 79 identifies a 3466479 k-member, it's from a '70 B body with a 440 w/skid plate.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.