News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So with the supply of Fieros and Mustang II's drying up

Started by Ghoste, September 04, 2012, 05:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

What do they use for a base on all the Ferrari 308 kit cars?

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Cooter

We got one at the shop right now...Sold brand new in 1988 through Pinnin-Ferrina with Ferrari badges and all. Not a bad little ride, but kind "cheap" feeling.

I'd still cruise it though..I still can't believe how many look at it and think it's real when the 308 clearly had a side vent window, and the Fiero-rarri doesn't.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

But what are they using today?  Do they still make those faker kits?

Cooter

Don't know bout kits today, but these were a factory done deal...Sorta like the Daytona's/Superbirds, so I don't see nobody buying a "Home kit" and doing this in their basement.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I used the fake 308 more as an example (I think there were home conversion kits of that though) but more kit cars in general.  Not so long ago they all used a Farrah Mustang or Fiero, so the question was really what is the preferred starting point now that those are harder to find?

Marck

I recently came across a 348 replica based on a Toyota MR2.. I've ever seen a 308 kit car..

Indygenerallee

My favorite kit car was the Viper body on a Corvette chassis!! Talk about a bastard child!!!  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

FJ5WING

theres enough Miata's floating around, theyre just not all that cheap.
wingless now, but still around.

Ghoste

Yeah, it has to be cheap and plentiful whatever it is.

Chryco Psycho

I worked in a shop seriously modifing these , we used Fiero chassis , lengthened the engine bay & reworked all the suspension to widen them , it was one of the most fun places I ever worked but my paychecks started to bounce & after a few weeks I left , I know they went out of business

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2012, 05:48:24 PM
What do they use for a base on all the Ferrari 308 kit cars?

I heard they were rounding up the few 69 Chargers that survived the DOH and they will be using those.   :nana:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

I'd believe that except the idea is to simulate a car thats more desirable than whatever you start with.

Ponch ®

i dont think anyone is really building 308 Faux-rrari's any more. I've seen a few Lambo Murcielago kits on Fieros. They're also using miatas, MR2s, and even the Solstice and whatever Saturn's version of it was called.

http://jalopnik.com/fauxrarri/

That being said, the 308 is still one of my favorite cars of all time. It's still sexy as hell, even though it's 30+ years old.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.