News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who sells Engine Dollies/Cradles?

Started by Iceyone, June 15, 2013, 08:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceyone

I bought one several years ago at a car show for around 35 bucks. Now I need a couple more to store two 440s that are sitting in my way. I've been looking around on the internet but all I see are 100 dollar ones (+ outrageous shipping charges) for Mopars or cheaper ones that claim to fit Chevy OR Mopar. I used to see them advertised all the time before I actually needed one. Anyone know who sells these at a reasonable price?
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Ghoste

You know something?  I think the only place I've ever noticed affordable ones were at swap meets myself.   :shruggy:

Baldwinvette77

i bought one at a local auto parts store in ontario (princess auto) for 65$ about 6 years ago, immediately mounted a small block chevy too it, and its been like that ever since, so its durable.  :lol:

bill440rt

I bought one from Mancini racing to store an engine on.
Mine has casters so it can be rolled around.

Mancini also carries ones without wheels, this one is $62 bucks:
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/alenstan.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Troy

I'm cheap! I made some out of small (18"?) 1,000 pound mover's dollies that I got on sale at Harbor Freight (make sure you test out the wheel/caster bearings for smooth/free movement before you purchase). I cut them in half and used spare 2x4s to extend them and make mounting areas. I believe the total size is about 18"x24". Cost was about $9 each. They're great for storage and rearranging and I only had to buy one engine stand for actual work. I had to keep them low so they'd fit under my shelves.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mauve66

i got my idea from Troy but was too lazy to rebuild it, worked ok until my kid decided to push DOWN while pushing the engine around.......... :brickwall: :brickwall:
now one wheel is crooked but i can still move it fairly easy (easier than the block sitting on the ground) $12 from Harbor freight
thanks Troy :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Iceyone

Good idea Troy. I'm cheap too and also too lazy to weld up a steel one. It looks like your design will work just fine for what I need.
Thanks.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

MrSnicks

I bought one from Northern Tool that was supposed to be universal and it only ended up fitting what I can assume is a chevy engine. It sure as hell didn't fit my Ford engine OR my Mopar engine.  I did get out the drill and dremmel to make it finally work, sorta.... Had to screw down some 1X's for a base for it to sit on.

Patrick

john108

440 Source has one.
I just purchased one from JEGS, referred by Ron:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Allstar-Performance/049/ALL10156/10002/-1?parentProductId=1712121

Amazon has the exact same unit with free shipping.  JEGS will match.