News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

edelbrock head and headman header

Started by lasvegas69charg, October 03, 2012, 09:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

hi. Is there anyone running the edelbrock rpm head and headman 17/8" header on a 383? It seems that the #6 spark plug is to close to the header and can't get the spark plug wire on without touching the header. I tried to dimple it but not enough room with the hammer to get the right dimple. Any suggestions?
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

firefighter3931

What wires are you using ? Straight boot or 90* ?  The angled plugs make wire routing/fitment a headache with some headers.  :P

Can you post a pic ?  :scope:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

lasvegas69charg

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

c00nhunterjoe

471_Magnum

I generally like 135 degree boots for header applications.

You're going to need a kevlar sleeve on that one... and a bigger dimple.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

justcruisin

Best bet would be to mark it then pull the header off and get some heat on it to make a nicer indentation. If it is too close it is only going to give you grief.

firefighter3931

That is tight....as mentioned above, you will need more clearance  :yesnod:

Best way to do this is to remove the header and heat up the tube (with a torch) where you want to clearance it. Get the tube nice and hot and lay a socket on the tube and hit the socket with a hammer. I like to use the side of a 3/4in deep impact socket to make a nice radiused dimple.  :smash:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

lasvegas69charg

alright I will give it a try. The funny thing is that everything else fit perfect

flyinlow

Accel makes a shorter plug. Not much shorter , but with an angled boot it might work. About 3/16 " shorter.