News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 charger clock mounting

Started by 66chargeragain, October 06, 2012, 02:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66chargeragain

I just got a used console mounted clock for my '66 Charger. As it did not come with a clock, there is no mounting hole in the console. I am hoping some one could give me exact measurements as to where to drill.   

kab69440

Remove the console plate and flip it over. Take a good, sharp  1/4" drill bit and rout out hole mark and arc sweep marked near the front. Potmetal and aluminum are very soft. It only takes a minute or so.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

And as an aside, if you have a 67 clock and not a 66 one, there is a bit of different wiring you'll need to make it work.  Well the lighting part anyway.

66chargeragain

So there is a mark on the underside, thanks. I have not yet removed the plate.

ODZKing

There is more than just a hole you will need.  Yes it is marked but there is also a plastic piece that mounts with 3 screws.  Let em find some pics for you.  Here is a pic of the kit.
BTW, if it has a white wire it is 66 and EL.  They also have different faces and hands.
Spring keeps it tight while still enabling it to pivot into the 2 positions provided by the plastic piece underneath.

ODZKing

66 vs 67 side by side

Ghoste

Cool, never knew about the different faces, thanks.   :cheers: