News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK---F & F now has a Daytona?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, September 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Indygenerallee

Ugh  :eek2: Looks like they shaved the complete rear bumper!!! Idk, I need to see better pics but I think they ruined it going so far with the shave job. The Mustang looks to be shaved and modded heavily also.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

REMEMBER THAT 1970 CHARGER I POSTED EARLIER FOR 7K WITH WING well that price just double its value thanks to the movie  :nana:

Ghoste

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 21, 2012, 07:55:59 PM:

As for the chargers they keep killing I seen worse what people do to the old chargers  :flame:

How does that make the F&F carnage okay?

JB400

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 22, 2012, 03:34:03 PM
Ugh  :eek2: Looks like they shaved the complete rear bumper!!! Idk, I need to see better pics but I think they ruined it going so far with the shave job. The Mustang looks to be shaved and modded heavily also.
I agree. they overdone it.  The only thing that needs to be that shaved is someone pretty.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 22, 2012, 11:16:27 PM

As for the chargers they keep killing I seen worse what people do to the old chargers  :flame:

Just think, in 15 years the Honda crowd will be bashing F&F just like most of us do the Dukes.

1974dodgecharger

let me resverse the question back to you, 'how is ok that others do carnage to the old classic chargers also?'

Point is FandF is no different than some joe blow on the street leaving the charger to rust to hell to beyond repair among other things.  Count up all the 2nd gen chargers sold and then count up how many still exist you will see a major difference vs FandF series killing off what 4 chargers of the 2nd gen and they then fix them back up. Granted not all the wrecks are fixable, but they do keep fixing them for the next movie.

Ghoste

Haha, I hope so.  More likely they'll be bitching about the wife and teenage kids and wondering what happened to all the disposable ricers they used to booger up.  (and their hair)

JB400

Problem I have with movies like this, is that it promotes the destruction of old cars like ours.  People watch what is done on tv and they say " Hey, we have one of those, I wonder if we can make it do that?"  That is partially why SOME  charger owners dispise DoH.  It'd be nice if Hollywood would just use our cars as either hero cars that don't get destroyed or in a cameo appearance.  They need to help promote how cool these cars are as they are, with out destroying them.

bull

:lol: I seriously doubt anyone is going to see F&F and then be prompted to go home, back their 69 Daytona out of the garage and head out to do some drifting in the local Home Depot parking lot.

Ghoste

You have to agree on the car destruction in general though don't you?  At the very least in seems to keep Hollywood interested in destroying more Chargers.

Indygenerallee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seriously doubt anyone is going to see F&F and then go home, back their 69 Daytona out of the garage and head out to do some drifting in the local Home Depot parking lot.

best comment yet!! Everyone takes this shit too serious.

JB400

Quote from: bull on September 22, 2012, 11:40:57 PM
:lol: I seriously doubt anyone is going to see F&F and then be prompted to go home, back their 69 Daytona out of the garage and head out to do some drifting in the local Home Depot parking lot.
Are  you sure?  You'd be surprised about what goes on now a days.

UH60L

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 22, 2012, 11:22:10 PM

As for the chargers they keep killing I seen worse what people do to the old chargers  :flame:

Just think, in 15 years the Honda crowd will be bashing F&F just like most of us do the Dukes.

Ahhhh the vocal majority (of a few people).......

UH60L

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 22, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
Problem I have with movies like this, is that it promotes the destruction of old cars like ours.  People watch what is done on tv and they say " Hey, we have one of those, I wonder if we can make it do that?"  That is partially why SOME  charger owners dispise DoH.  It'd be nice if Hollywood would just use our cars as either hero cars that don't get destroyed or in a cameo appearance.  They need to help promote how cool these cars are as they are, with out destroying them.

Ahhh, now it's just "some"......

bull

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 22, 2012, 11:43:48 PM
Quote from: bull on September 22, 2012, 11:40:57 PM
Are  you sure?  You'd be surprised about what goes on now a days.

Yea, pretty sure. :2thumbs: It isn't 1985 where six hours worth of work on dad's 69 Charger will get it running so the boys can go jump the railroad tracks. These cars are now either rusted, stuck-to-the-ground junk (in which case Bubba thinks it's worth $44k) or they are restored or are being restored. If it's restored or being restored the owners don't want to wreck them and if you're Bubba, you're not going to risk further damage to your $44k payday.

JB400

While YOU might not do that, or anybody on this site do that, what's stopping that group of jacked up on meth kids down the street from jumping in YOUR prized possession or somebody elses ride, and doing the exact same thing?  That's the point I was getting at.  Unfortunately, I know of a 89 Mustang GT convertible that took that same unfortunate ride.

Indygenerallee

A 89 Mustang Convertable is a far cry from a 69 Charger!

bull

Oh, they're jacked up on meth? :lol: All bets are off in that case. Did the meth make them do it or F&F?

Ok, I'll give you one long-shot caveat. If I happened to have 5-10 Charger shells sitting in a dry climate field somewhere, and I didn't have the desire or money to restore them, I might be inclined to get one up and running to the point of using it as a mild stunt car with the help of AMD. But any private citizen with a pulse and gray matter these days wouldn't be stupid enough to purposely destroy something so valuable, unless they stand a chance to make more money than they lose (ie F&F). But hey, these cars were built to be driven and enjoyed and not every one of them has to be restored to perfection, babied, trailered and hidden. I'd rather see one goobered back together enough to be driven in a movie than I would to see it left in a field to rot. Most of the movie cars that get wrecked move on to undergo full restorations where they might have otherwise died in obscurity.

But F&F or not, they're still beautiful and iconic so they will be used and abused. Just ask Lindsay Lohan.

JB400

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 23, 2012, 12:14:05 AM
A 89 Mustang Convertable is a far cry from a 69 Charger!
That's beside the point.  Personally, I respect all american muscle, but do have my preferences. 

Ghoste

Are you saying Lindsay Lohan is beautiful and iconic?

Indygenerallee

89 Mustang Convertable is American Muscle??  :lol: :smilielol: :rofl: :lol: :smilielol: A buddy of mine had one in high school and it was FAR from a muscle car! Squeak, Squeak, rattle, rattle.  :lol:

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2012, 12:18:24 AM
Are you saying Lindsay Lohan is beautiful and iconic?

She is considered that to many, yes. Just like the Charger is beautiful to some, iconic to some and both to others.

Ghoste

She was okay but I guess I just can't even somewhat picture her as an icon.  But not important here really.

JB400

By your guys' responses, I assume you guys live on the greener side of the fence.  Unfortunately, this kind of activity does happen about once or twice a year here.  Once you guys get interrogated by the local police department for such activities, you might have a better understanding.  I was working at the residence of the owner of the Mustang earlier that day.  After I left, someone else went in there and took the Mustang out for a joy ride.  It was like 30 degrees outside, and they couldn't get the top up.  Long story short, they outrun the cops and ditched the car in a ravine and got away.  Being I was there earlier, I got fingerprinted and had to take a CVST and put up with the police bs.