News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie with "What its worth Question"

Started by Tom68, February 06, 2006, 11:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom68

Wasn't sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this question, so please redirect me if not.  My applogies for the long winded explanation.

I have 68 RT that I'm considering selling to a friend.  I want to quote him a fair price (fair for both of us, I actually want to give him a good deal but want to recoupe some of my investment).   I know giving a price sight unseen is hard, but if I can get in the ballpark it will help us arrive at an agreement.

Its in rough shape.  I was restoring it a few years ago but no longer have the drive to continue.  I have a clear title.

I purchased it completely stripped.  The story is that it was saved in the bone yard after the front end was cut off.  Someone welded a new frame and inner fender panels on it; I think from a 69.  The welding is a first class job and appears to be aligned correctly.

I've replaced both rear quarters,  both wheel houses, trunk floor, trunk floor extensions, rear valence (ameture job, but solid, I was planning a driver).  The floor pans are in great shape.  The doors are in good shape slight rust in the lower lip, but could be easily cleaned up.  Hood in OK shape; needs to have hood pin holes filled.  Deck lid also very good shape (slight rust on lip).  Rockers need replacing ( I have two in good shape off a parts car).

Bumpers straight but chrome is slightly ugly.

Instrument cluster with tic-toc tach is in great shape.  Tach works, replaced clock movement with a quartz one, re did gage faces.

440 needs rebuild.  Have 8 3/4 (less than 3.00) sure grip from a 69 (larger pinion).  Grill in great shape.  One front fender is almost perfect, one has a small dent.   Tail lights very good shape.

The frame that passes over the tranny between the torsion bars was cut and pached.  Not a great job, but solid.

I also have many new parts; trim, air cleaner with pie plate, clutch linkage rebuilt kit.  Also many extra parts.

The number plate off the fender is missing, but the dash vin tag is in place.

Any guesses would be much appreciated.

72_rallye

Hello Tom68,,
   It would be hard to 'guestimate' a good figure without pictures...Sounds like there is a lot of work done but a lot left to be done.
If you posted a few pics I'm sure the members would give you an honest guess,,,,and probably try to buy the car from you,,,,,,I'll throw in my 2 cents and say 3,000 on the low side and maybe up around 6,000 for a high,,,,but then again,,,,,very hard to guess without seeing the project,,,,,,,at least you are not parting it out I hope,,,,,,,,,,you may regret selling it later,,,,,,,hang out in this message board very long and you will want to keep it !!!!!

by the way,,,,,,Welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,