News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power brake booster advice rebuild or replace

Started by cudavic, April 30, 2024, 09:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudavic

As I continue to go through my recently acquired Superbird I would appreciate any first hand advice on rebuilding or replacing my power brake booster. I have already removed the power brake booster from the car as it was filled with brake fluid due to a leaky master cylinder. Removing it was enough of a challenge so I want to get this done correct the first time. I have done a search here and I have seen The Ram Man Inc, Dewey and White Post can rebuild them, does anyone have a preference? The other option would be to purchase a brand new one, however I do not believe the new ones are an identical fit and I would also hate to start hacking the firewall to make it fit. My other concern is how either will hold up as I don't want to do this twice. The car is a 440-6 automatic on the column. Sincerely Vic

Wingnut426

Last summer my booster crapped on my Daytona because of the same reason, leaking master. I shopped around and found the best kept secret on rebuilders.  Quick turn around and best price. Only thing I didn't like was he painted it gloss black and wrapped it in newspaper for shipping while the paint was wet! What a hassle to undo that! So if you use him, request not to have it painted! LQL!  Call Rick at 404-441-8167  WINGNUT
BTW, it works perfectly!
HEMI Daytona Convertible

cudavic

Quote from: Wingnut426 on April 30, 2024, 10:05:01 AMLast summer my booster crapped on my Daytona because of the same reason, leaking master. I shopped around and found the best kept secret on rebuilders.  Quick turn around and best price. Only thing I didn't like was he painted it gloss black and wrapped it in newspaper for shipping while the paint was wet! What a hassle to undo that! So if you use him, request not to have it painted! LQL!  Call Rick at 404-441-8167  WINGNUT
BTW, it works perfectly!

Thanks for your reply and information.
The are relatively close to me, so if I choose to go this route at least I can drop it off and pick it up myself.
Sincerely Vic