News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Length of dash pad?

Started by chargermick, February 08, 2006, 09:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

Can anyone tell me the length of the dashpad in a '69? The one that came with my car is about an inch too short on each side. Must have come out of another Mopar? Anyway, I'm going to a swap meet this weekend to look for a good used one, but I need the correct length. Thanks.

8WHEELER

The A-Pillar moldngs do cover up about an inch of the dash pad, do you have them on yet?

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Nacho-RT74

:iagree:

same about 3rd gens, even A pillar doesn't cover the dash pad, they cover the dash frame since dash pad doesn't arrive up to windshield
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargermick

Even with the A-pillar mouldings on, the pad is about an inch shy on each side. It's really too bad, because the pad itself is in pretty good shape. I could easily clean it up and use it, if was the right length.

694spdRT

Any chance the pad in your car is a reproduction? I bought one to replace my cracked original and it is about an inch shorter than the old one.

Because of that and the general poor quality of the repo I bought another good used one and dyed it instead.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mike DC

I agree.  The reproduction dashpads for these cars are known for being an inch too short at the ends.

Typical resto industry.  They'll tool up the entire mold but they won't make it fit.  Then they wonder why Mopar guys are so "picky."