News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rusty 68 rear window area

Started by The SDI, October 09, 2012, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The SDI

Group,

I need your feedback based on experience. Please see the attached picture and tell me if this much sheet metal rust around the back window can be repaired. Or.......is it a waste of time?

Thanks,

Ryan

Absolutly.
Looks like you would want to replace the entire panel behind the rear window. It's available from AMD.
The sail panel is also repairable. You maybe able to find a good used piece. Would hate to have to buy a full quarter just for the sail panel.

What's the rest of the quarter panel look like?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

NHCharger

Never mind the quarter panel. What's the rest of the car look like :o
Man, that is painful to look at. I agree with Ryan, no way to repair, buy some fresh replacement metal. I'm working on a 68 right now. Had a few small rust areas. By the time you cut the bad metal back to some solid metal the hole is 3x bigger. 
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

The SDI

The inside is completely rusted out. It will need new quarters, floor boards, sails, and frame.

Indygenerallee

The inner structure (pinchweld area) sheetmetal is not available through any company, you would have to find those pieces off a donor or fab them, I had to make the lower inner corner pieces for mine and mine did not look anywhere as near as bad as that.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

lukedukem

is that a Chefmate meat thermometer. sweet

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC