News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are the preferred spark plugs for the Charger, specifically a 383?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, October 10, 2012, 09:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

They have never failed me. But, I did not know they are know made in China...I try my hardest to never support that commie country.

randy73

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 11, 2012, 06:23:48 AM
I wouldn't run a Champion plug in my lawnmower....chinese JUNK !  :eek2:

Seen too many reports of plugs being removed with broken/missing electrodes. They used to be a quality part but no longer  :icon_smile_blackeye:

NGK XR5 is the clear choice for factory iron heads and pump gas compression  :Twocents:

Ron

I run champions in everything I own and have never had a problem!!

To OP, depends on the heads, if the block is modded, what pistons and a lot of other variables to give you a exact plug to use, as each setup might require a different heat range.

Brass

Years ago, I used Champions in my 1st Charger and they fouled pretty regularly.  Switched to NGK's and they still fouled – but a lot less often. 

Fast forward to today.  Different car with ~8,000 miles on the current set of NGK plugs.  No problem so far.

Paul G

Is there a difference in plugs used for street driving with ocasional flat peddling, vs. beat the snot out of it constant flat peddling?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

MoparMotel

I got my NGK #3332 v power plugs in from summit but haven't replaced them yet. Im curious to see if I notice any difference compared to the cheap plugs that are in it now
1968 Dodge Charger

lasvegas69charg

I had 2 champ plugs go bad during my dyno session. I switched to ngk and no problem.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

randy73

Quote from: lasvegas69charg on October 29, 2012, 11:13:28 PM
I had 2 champ plugs go bad during my dyno session. I switched to ngk and no problem.
Explain how they went bad???
Did you have to long/short of a plug or what??

Man has this thread gone WAY off topic.

oldschool

same problem in aviation. the champions are poor quality. i use to run them in my plane, they are the most fouling plug. i switched to tempest (autolite) and have had no further fouling problems.

you can take a new champion aviation plug right out of the box and check the resistence, and have to throw some  away because of to much resistence.....
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

lasvegas69charg

Randy73 during the dyno session they just quick producing spark. The cylinder wouldnt fire anymore. Took them out and replaced with NGK and no prob.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Ghoste

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 19, 2012, 01:27:23 PM
They have never failed me. But, I did not know they are know made in China...I try my hardest to never support that commie country.

Same with me.  I never imagined switching but that day I think has come.