News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500Ci with ProCharger

Started by kingjoop, October 24, 2012, 04:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingjoop

My 440 (500ci stroker) has a crack in it (it hates winters with me not arround to prep it for the cold weather) so i was thinking about "upgrading" it after i find a new 440 block...

so this thing pops my head: Pro Charger  :scratchchin:

what do you guys think? do or don't? and why?  :cheers:

And any ideas what it will do on a stroked 440?
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

Cooter

"Blower" cams are different from "Turbo", "Nitrous", etc...So, if you've already set it up to be a Performer Naturally aspirated, then you might not see the full potential of a $5K blower set up.(too much compression for any real boost levels)

I know the "Supercharger Store" set one on kill on a modified stock bottom end 440 and made something like 848 HP...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Challenger340

Yeah, the ProChargers make power...Boost always does ?

All about what a guy wants I guess..personal preferences ?
But Really....
600+ hp out of a 500" Naturally Aspirated is pretty much child's play these days(if you can walk and chew gum at the same time), and much beyond that the stock 2 bolt main 440 Blocks start to get unhappy over the long term ?

I'd say go for it(procharger) if you are so inclined....and don't mind the extra expense, because, really you gotta build the Engine with the same internal parts anyways, no cost savings there....and keep it to 700 with mainstuds...have fun as long as it lasts.(a few years for sure)  
Only wimps wear Bowties !