News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird pics

Started by rnjump, October 25, 2012, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnjump

I told some forum members I would post up some shots of my new purchase so here it goes. This car is an original FY1 v-code 4-speed. I have since found a really nice car in a nearby state and may be selling this car.

rnjump

One more. The fall colors look nice today as a backdrop.

1970Moparmann

Nice car! :2thumbs:

I have to ask because I'm a little confused.  You just purchased this car, but since you just found another one this one might be for sale? :shruggy:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

held1823

beautiful car. keep 'em coming.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

i have a empty space in my garage i can keep it for you and you know i close   :D :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Fred

Just beautiful.  :2thumbs: I can't believe you want to part with it so soon.

What have you found to replace it with?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

rnjump

I have found an original metal,all numbers, already restored car for sale. I just went through a restoration project and don't think I want another for a while. This is a decent driver for sure but I am afraid of how deep I might get if I went as far as I would like with paint and such.

rnjump

Quote from: moparstuart on October 25, 2012, 10:43:36 PM
  i have a empty space in my garage i can keep it for you and you know i close   :D :rofl:
Drove right past your place today Stuart, I could have delivered it for free!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: rnjump on October 26, 2012, 06:05:35 PM

That sucker would look great next to my XX29.......  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: rnjump on October 26, 2012, 06:05:35 PM
you should have or at least stopped in and say hi   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

Looks like you've done some work already on it.
New top from white to black, new tires and rims and fixed the headlights.
Did you do any work in the engine compartment, or interior yet?
Original bench car correct?
Looks nice now, I actually liked the white top with the red paint.

rnjump

I have dyed the top and it's a bit shiney. The old material on the top was stained so the color change covered up nicely. I traded for some repro rallies and trims. I am a sucker for polyglas and Kelsey tire is just down the road so that was tops on the list. The headlights were propped open on the adjuster studs. I removed the springs so the doors would shut. I did that before the car was even started so It may work with them in place but doubtful. The bucket seats were from a 74 b-body I think and they had such an odd tilt. They sat nearly straight up. I found a bench seat and had a local guy recover them with new legendary covers. I will install tomorrow. They look great even on the shop floor. Under the hood could use some work. The first thing you see is that "one size fits all" top radiator hose. Looks like an elephants trunk. The original six pack intake is on the work bench with carbs and an old carter takes its place. I have bought a nice dana to replace the 8 3/4.
  These cars are really special to me. I remember seeing a Petty blue car on our local Dodge dealers lot when I was a kid. If it was new I was maybe 12 at the time. I have searched for an affordable car for the past five years or so and finally sold a couple others and went after this one. It has been a blast to drive. I have had people try to stop me in moving traffic to look.
All the money I have spent to date are on things I can use on a future resto if the car does not sell. I have found a really nice B5 car that is a bit north of 100k. It seems to be a more financially feasible thing to do but I am getting attached to this one. I have had 20 or so muscle cars and this one is the only one I could have trouble selling.

tyly

FY1 V-code and 4-speed,just like my car. Nice
Plymouth Superbird 440 six-pack, 4-speed, 15000 miles
Dodge Charger -70 RT/SE Hemi
Dodge Challenger convertible -70 6.4 SRT HEMI

http://tyly.kuvat.fi/

WINGIN IT

The car looks 100% better than it did.
Nice work, and great progress in the short amount of time you've had it. :2thumbs:

You'll probably have a lot  less into this one than if you spent over 100K on the other one.

rnjump

Thanks, When I got the car it had mid 70's bucket seats. I found a really nice bench and had it and the backseat  covered in legendary covers and put them in today. They really help the car a bunch.

Beep Beep Dave

The car looks great Rex, in the little time you have had it you made it look 100x better.
I haven't seen such an affordable 440+6 4-speed Superbird in a long time :scratchchin:
Sure is tempting :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

rnjump

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on October 28, 2012, 05:11:43 PM
The car looks great Rex, in the little time you have had it you made it look 100x better.
I haven't seen such an affordable 440+6 4-speed Superbird in a long time :scratchchin:
Sure is tempting :2thumbs:

Dave
Thanks for all the comments. Those "pizza cutter" 14" tires had to go. Superbirds need 15" tires and wheels in my opinion.