News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jack McGuahey Passed away?? I didnt know.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 02, 2012, 01:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

I was just told that jack passed away sometime around labor day. How did I miss this?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 02, 2012, 01:06:49 PM
I was just told that jack passed away sometime around labor day. How did I miss this?
Wow RIP jack   no idea ,  he will be missed great craftsmen and great talent for us wing cars guys  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

I heard this the other day in a PM.    I was hoping it wasn't true.   Terrible news. 

r4daytona

Spoke with him twice seemed like a very nice guy. Would have loved to have some of his parts. Loss to the car community.

richRTSE

I hadn't heard this, but just found this....

http://www.tributes.com/show/Jack-Ray-McGaughey-94392771

I spoke to him a few times at the Mopar Nationals at his booth. Seemed like a very nice guy. Died much too young at 59....

:engel016:

6PakBee

So sad to hear.  And I echo the sentiment about 59, way too young.

DonC1

Yes way too young. JM's talents in sheetmetal wing car fabrication were truly excellent.

DoubleDlover

oh no.... I just found out.. Im sooo bummed.... I have some of his parts. That was the last person i knew that actualy made good parts correctly. I really dont think anyone will ever do what he did again. I was so happy we was in this hobby.. what a loss. damm. :(

Mopar John

Back in 2011 when I was getting ready for the Croxfords meet in Cleveland I needed the top inside extension made for my NOS Superbird nose. I contacted Jack and he wasn't feeling well then! He was also buried in projects with little time to spend in the shop.
I ended up making my own piece so I could attend the meet! I just wonder how many projects are at Jack's unfinished?
I back up the other comment about the loss of a true old school fabricator that will be hard to replace in our hobby! RIP JACK!
MJ

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mopar John on November 08, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
Back in 2011 when I was getting ready for the Croxfords meet in Cleveland I needed the top inside extension made for my NOS Superbird nose. I contacted Jack and he wasn't feeling well then! He was also buried in projects with little time to spend in the shop.
I ended up making my own piece so I could attend the meet! I just wonder how many projects are at Jack's unfinished?
I back up the other comment about the loss of a true old school fabricator that will be hard to replace in our hobby! RIP JACK!
MJ

Im told that he had someone helping him and he is finishing up the work.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 08, 2012, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: Mopar John on November 08, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
MJ

Im told that he had someone helping him and he is finishing up the work.
just finishing up , not taking the reins forward  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE